Chapter 17

CHAPTER 17

After we returned to camp Fate had explained to us that when Renee had wounded Titus it triggered her abilities. She was an Angel and not like the ones in our world who had wings, here they were renowned for their healing abilities and strange powers. Sadly as Fate had told us of their story and dark history they have become creatures of myth here in the world after a group of blood shifter had attacked there temple. It was an emotional night for Renee, there where so many secrets exposed about our life. Our parents had come to our world to hide from the blood shifters and protect us from the world we were all born into.

The very world we had returned to, Alderyn.               

“I think I have told enough stories for tonight everyone should get some rest.” Without another word Fate walked back to the tree we had been napping under earlier in the day.

My mind was spinning, learning what I had about my own parents and my adoptive family I could only wonder what other secrets would unfold.

I broke off from the group, needing time to clear my mind I walked along a dirt path and looked over a large lake that the path had brought me to. I sat at the edge of that lake for hours and watched the moon rising high into the clear skies, strange creatures playing there nightly music. I didn’t know what was going to happen, but I knew that I had to become stronger. I twiddled with a piece of grass between my fingers.

How? I wondered over and over how did I get here, how did this happen, how could I do this, how, how, how, how? The word echoed through every corner of my mind. Finally I couldn’t take it I needed a break from my own thoughts. Before I even really had a chance to care or think about what I was doing I stripped the clothes from my body and slowly walked into the cool dark waters of the lake. The moon reflecting on its smooth surface only disturbed by the ripples my body caused as it entered.

Normally the thought of what could be lurking in the dark water would stop me, but I was dirty, I was tired and sore, and nothing seemed as frightening as the things that had happened over the last few days.

The cool water was a welcoming feeling on my tired body, and I quickly dived in swimming to the middle of the lake. I stood on the soft lake floor the water just above my chest as I stared up at the night sky. It was so peaceful. I closed my eyes and thought I could stay here asleep forever, but to soon my eyes re opened and I watched the water ripple around my still body.

Goosebumps ran all over my skin as two strong familiar arms wrapped themselves around my bare waist, and my body relaxed into their embrace. Hot breathe traced my neck, and I laid my head back closing my eyes. The warmth of soft lips pressed against my neck my body involuntarily shivering.

 His breath in my ear “Lets run away you and me, away from all this chaos together we can be happy.” Emett’s low soft voice was like music to my ears.

A whisper escaped my own lips “Let’s go now.”

I felt his hand slip off my body and I turned to face him, only to be greeted by a fading mist and darkness. I ran a hand down my face, “ I am going crazy…?”

My heart ached as the feelings of his arms around me faded. I was questioning my own sanity and feeling like an idiot alone in the middle of a lake. I sighed as tears stained my face I wanted to protect him, and I wanted to be with him. My stomach sank as my mind reminded me that I could only be his guardian. I let my body float in the water, going limp.

“Will I always feel like this?” My question floated to the empty night sky. It was so strange to be staring at a sky so familiar, yet so strange. There was a moon and stars but no conciliation that I reorganized, no little dipper or big dipper it just looked so alien.