CHAPTER 31

CHAPTER 31

It was time my stomach was in knots as we marched through the thickening woods, we had been traveling for severale hours now. Emett told me we where getting closer and that I should prepare myself for what we where about to do. That was hard I was finding it hard to consintrate, I got almost no sleep last night thanks to the nightmares. I kept seeing Titus on his death bed, Renee by her side screaming at me for killing him. I know Emett didn’t get much more sleep because he was always up to comfort me.  As we continued on I got the feeling that we where closing in on Natis it was almost like I could sense him. I wonder if he could sense me the same way I am sensing him.

I was feeling less and less determined as we drew closer, the fear begin to set in as the adrenaline I felt from yesterday wore off long ago. My mind was clear enough to let me know how insane we where for doing this. I looked at Emett who didn’t seem to be bothered in the least. When it came down to it I was still no more then a young women that had lived a sheltered life and had only had a few months of any real training. The more I reminded myself of these things the weaker I felt. I thought to myself ‘I’m going to die’. I shook my head and shunned the thought.

Emett must have known what I was thinking because he stopped dead in his tracks I was so lost in my thoughts I didn’t notice until I had ran into his back.

“Ow” I rubbed my nose and looked at Emett waiting for an explanation for the sudden stop.

Emett quickly wrapped me in his warm embrace pulling me into his tight chest. I laid my head down so I could be comforted by the sound of his steady heartbeat.

I felt my angel’s tear pulse between the two of us mimicking out heartbeats.

“Kaylyn, we are going to be ok. Don’t think otherwise understand?” Emett laid a gentle kiss on my forehead and I nodd in agreement.

“I feel so weak and small, fear keeps consuming me and my legs want to take me away to safety. I think the only thing that has kept me going is the fact that I have to get Renee back.” I felt a tear threatening to make its way down my cheek as I openly confessed my fear.

“It is normal to be afraid, its needed! It may feel like a weakness now, but your fear and will to survive can be a powerful tool if used the right way. Don’t you think I am afraid?” As Emett’s words sink in to my head I listen to his heartbeat and take notice of its increase in speed. I never thought about him being afraid.

“No, your so strong. I guess I just never thought of you having any real fear. Your like superman!” I smiled staring up at him, admiring his beautiful green eyes. He smiles in return as he begins to speak to me again and my attention is drawn to his lips.

“Kaylyn you are something else, and I am flattered that you think I am like superman. But you are so wrong. You have been the root of my worst fears. If I’m superman then you are my kryptonite.” His eyes where sad for a moment and I couldn’t help but ask.

“What do you mean?” I cocked my head to the side like a curious puppy, my hair draped over my shoulder like a thick dark curtain. I hadn’t realized how long it had gotten.

“My worst fear is that I will loose you and I have come to close to many times. And as before it is my worst fear as we go into this fight with Natis.” I feel Emett's heart beat quicken.

I offer a comforting smile as I stand on my tip toes to kiss him. “After everything I have gone through, you think I am going to let Natis kill me now?  Just when I got everything I wanted?”  I shook my head furiously.

“No way, sorry Emett I am here to stay you my love are stuck with me now.”I smiled so wide my cheeks hurt. Emett’s smile grew as mine did. We exchanged another kiss and reluctantly released our grip on one another. It was time to fight Natis.