Ch.3

"Just wear the bracelet!"
"I can't!"
Adrien was sitting at his desk doing some Latin study before going to school. For the past 20 minutes Plagg had been trying to convince him to wear Marinette's bracelet to school, and he had not gotten an answer as to why.
"Adrien! Put on the damn bracelet; this is important! Why wouldn't you want to wear it?"
Adrien sighed and opened his top desk drawer. In it was a photo album of his mother, his kwami box, and sitting on top, Marinette's bracelet. He took it out and held it in his hands, remembering the day she gave it to him; she was so sweet and kind, and so pretty an-
He shook those thoughts out of his head and said to Plagg,
"I can't wear it for three reasons:
A: Nino will tease me to death, not about it being a bracelet, but about it being Marinette's bracelet.
B: If Chloé notices the bracelet and finds out it's Marinette's, she'll break it or throw it away or something bitchy like that and that is not on the list of things that I wanna deal with today.
C: I, uhh.... I'm afraid I'll lose it, and I can't do that, ok?"
Plagg laughed at Adrien's reasons but was secretly pleased as he wanted Adrien to wear the bracelet at a different time, but was just using school as an argument first so he would agree to wearing it later.
"Fine, don't wear it to school, but you have to wear it on patrol tonight, ok? Good, now, school time hurry up!"
Adrien tried to argue his points for not wearing it on patrol either but he was pushed out the door by Plagg yelling,
"NO ARGUEMENTS! NOW GET TO SCHOOL OR I WILL EAT YOU OUT OF CAMEMBERT IN AN HOUR!"
Adrien shuddered at the prospect, grabbed his bag and ran out of his room, his kwami following suite.

For once Marinette was early to school and met Alya outside the gates. She told her the plan and Alya squealed, much like Tikki had, and gave her a hug.
"Good for you girl, finally! What made you decide to ask him out?!"
Marinette muttered something about it just happening until Alya let it go, and waved at Alix and Nathanael, who were walking in together.
"Hey I didn't know you guys where a thing!" , Alya called out over Marinette's shoulder.
The pair blushed, nodded, and went to talk to Kim and Max who had just arrived.
Alya giggled and patted her friend on the shoulder, saying,
"This'll be you soon girl! I'm so happy for y- Oh, wait Nino, did you get that science homework? Nino!"
Alya ran to Nino, who had just come in with Adrien, and Marinette followed her, determined to not be shy and talk to Adrien like he was a normal person. Just a normal, gorgeous, rich, supermodel kinda person. She gulped and joined their conversation about the science homework, not noticing until later that her friend and Nino had purposefully left her and Adrien half way through the answer to question 6. She smiled shyly at him and said,
"H-hey Adrien, h-how was y-your weekend?"
He blushed slightly and said,
"Pretty good, some photo shoots, nothing spectacular, you?"
"Good pretty too, I-I mean pretty good too! Hey I was wondering... this is a s-silly question, but are you and Chloé... dating?"
She regretted asking as soon as the words had left her lips but the damage was done. She had no idea why she had said that, it just came out! Adrien gawked at her and blinked a few times before answering,
"I- I uhh no, we're not, we're just friends so uhh, I'm available, I mean...no we are not dating."
Marinette giggled slightly at his response and he gazed at her in confusion and said,
"What are you laughing at Mari?"
The girl stopped giggling and stared at him for a minute because she didn't realise what it was herself. She stood there, blinking at him until she understood.
"W-well, you kinda s-sounded like me w-when I try to talk to you."
Adrien stared at her for a minute and then started to laugh. After a minute or so, Marinette joined him, leaving the population of the school grounds staring at them in surprise. Adrien threw his arm around her, making her freeze for a second, and walked into the school with her, earning a thumbs up from Alya and tantrums from Chloé and Lila. Marinette grinned. She couldn't wait for tomorrow.