Ch.8

The rain started to fall heavily, but they didn't care. Marinette grabbed Adrien and held him tight, burying her head in his shoulder like she had the night before. It was a while before they broke apart.
"M'Lady?" , Adrien asked, still not quite daring to believe his ears.
Marinette laughed, as she looked at the boy that he loved.
"Oh kitty, it's me, yes, yes it's me."
Tears started to fall down her face, blending in with the rain. Adrien joined in with her laughter and took her hand. He bent down to kiss it and Marinette gladly let him, but when he straightened up again, she grabbed his face and kissed him full on the lips. He stiffened at her touch, but then relaxed and held her tight. Eventually they broke apart and Adrien said,
"I can't believe it was you the entire time! But I'm so happy that it is you! This is perfect! Too perfect... is Alya hiding in a bush recording this?"
Marinette chucked and replied,
"No kitty, I promise, it's just us. Just you and me... I hope you like your Ladybug..."
Adrien smiled at her warmly and said,
"I love my Ladybug, she's perfect... as long as she promises not to keep any more secrets from me."
"Of course Chat, I won't."
Adrien grinned at her response and said,
"If there's no secrets I really should tell you... you look amazing in a red spandex suit."
Marinette blushed and replied coyly,
"And you don't look too bad in leather yourself kitty."
Adrien wiggled his eyebrows and exclaimed,
"Finally you admit it! I knew it all along! No one can resist my devilish charms, especially when I'm dressed in leather. Speaking of which, we should talk more about this tonight, when we're not under pressure to get to class. The teachers are gonna come looking for us, and I'm still not convinced that your friend Alya isn't hiding out here with a camera... we should go inside."
Marinette laughed again and agreed, taking his hand and walking through the front doors, inciting gasps and whispers at the state of their wet clothes and the fact that Marinette Duapin-Cheng and Adrien Agreste were walking around holding hands. The gossip was around the whole school by the time they made it to their second class; Nino's glasses were still somehow broken and Chloé and Lila were both similar shades of scarlet. For once, Marinette didn't care about all the attention. She was on top of the world, and it seemed Alya was too; Nino had his arm wrapped around her for the entire period. Adrien took this as a challenge and made Marinette practically sit on his lap, making her face turn redder than Chloé's and Lila's combined. When lunch arrived, Adrien and Marinette didn't leave each other's side for a second, and were closely followed by Nino and Alya. The pairs of best friends gave each other fist bumps when they thought their partners weren't looking, but they totally were. More than once, Chloé and Lila had joined forces to become one colossal super bitch and tried to force Adrien and Marinette apart, but the rest of their classmates managed to pull them away, for the price of the pair's adorable expressions when they looked at each other.
This day by went as quickly as the last, but Marinette wished it would never end. That is, until she realised she'd be seeing Adrien again during patrol tonight. She still couldn't get over the fact that he was Chat Noir. True, they did look very similar, but their personalities were quite different. She smiled to herself as she walked home, half listening to Alya's chatter. It didn't matter who he was when he wore a mask, she loved him, this boy.