Ch.10

It was all over the news reports by the morning. The headlines screamed:
"Ladybug and Chat Noir: Dating?"
One article went on to say,
"Could our two greatest superheroes be in love?  This reporter has always thought so, but my suspicions were confirmed when this photo was sent in by a middle school girl called Alya who wishes to remain anonymous."
Marinette shook her head and laughed at the last statement. Of course, it would be Alya to find out, and find out immediately. She looked at the photograph to see that, although it was slightly blurred, it was definitely her and Chat, embracing in front of their school. Marinette blushed at the memory and skimmed through the rest of the article while eating breakfast. It mostly contained speculation after the "undeniable proof of the picture" , but it made Marinette happy. She liked to be reminded of her relationship with Chat, no, Adrien, no, uhhhh... What should she call him? Should she call him Chat when he's transformed and Adrien when he's not, or would that offend him, make him think that she still thought he was two different people? She sighed and lay her head on the kitchen counter. It was a problem, but a good one to have. She glanced at the clock and realised she could still be on time for school; now she could ask Chat about the physics homework while on patrol, she didn't need to stay up worrying about it when she got home. She grabbed her school bag, waved goodbye to her parents and ran out the door. She was so happy that at first she didn't notice the looming shadow in the sky. It was when she reached school however, that she realised she couldn't feel the heat of the sun on her back, and she could barely see a foot in front of her. She ran into the courtyard to see everyone huddled in fear inside the classrooms, staring up at the huge figure blocking out the sun. Marinette joined them in her base room and scanned the crowd for Alya, Adrien and Nino. She saw them huddled in a corner, talking in hushed voices and went to join them.
"What's going on?! Is there another akuma attack?"
She looked at Adrien who was white with worry and he nodded.
"He calls himself the De-Lighter. I think he was a clown or something that just got ultra pissed. Probably Chloé's fault," whispered Alya.
Marinette glanced at Chloé, who was complaining to the teacher about something, Sabrina in tow.
"He cut off all the electricity too, and the phone towers are down so we can't phone for help!" said Nino, bringing Marinette's attention back to the group.
"Well, uhh," she said, looking at Adrien for help with an excuse to leave.
"We're gonna go see if we can switch the power back on, you two go round up the little kids; they're probably terrified," Adrien said. Nino and Alya nodded and left the room, Marinette and Adrien following them. They ditched their best friends quickly and ran into an unused classroom.
"Adrien, we gotta transform, is your kwami hungry? Do they eat cookies?"
Adrien opened his mouth to respond but before he could Plagg flew out of his jacket in a huff.
"Cookies? Cookies? Pah, I only eat the finest of Camembert cheese! You wouldn't happen to have any, would you?" , said Plagg, looking at Marinette hopefully. She stared at the little kwami in curiosity and smiled at his cuteness.
"Sorry, I only have cookies. They're for my kwami, her name is Tikki."
Tikki herself chose that moment to fly out of Marinette's bag. Now it was Adrien's turn to stare in curiosity at the little red creature who had started to berate Plagg.
"Plagg, Marinette is trying to be helpful! He knows me already Mari, and he knows exactly how to push my buttons!"
"I was very polite and you know it! Adrien, I suppose you should meet Tikki, she's... well, she's totally my girlfriend but don't tell her that."
Marinette didn't think it was possible for Tikki to turn any redder but she managed it.
"Plagg! We are not dating!"
"We definitely are."
"We are not!"
"Yeah, we kinda are."
Adrien and Marinette giggled as their kwami's fought in mid air, but screams from the street below jolted them back to their senses.
"You guys can continue this argument later, ok? Plagg, transform me!" , Adrien said. Plagg sighed as he was sucked into the ring, and green light bathed the room as Adrien was kitted out in leather and his trademark Chat Noir grin.
"What do you think Princess? Could I be any cooler?"
Marinette smirked at him and said,
"No, but I could be. Tikki, transform me!"
Tikki flew into one of Marinette's earrings and a pink glow surrounded her as she was clothed head to toe in red with black spots.
Her mask came over her eyes and Chat Noir just melted as she turned to face him.
"Wasn't that cool, kitty?" , she said and clinked his bell.
He blushed scarlet but managed to still make his reply as coy as ever,
"Of course M'Lady... but still not as cool as mine."
With that, he took off down the corridor, with an indignant Ladybug following him. They ran into the courtyard and jumped onto the roof, facing the new villain.
"Give me your miraculous', or Paris will stay dark, forever!" , shouted the De-Lighter, still floating in front of the sun.
"Never!" , they both cried.
"Give us our sun back!" Chat Noir added.
The villain laughed, shook his head, and placed an ginormous disk where he had just been, to continue to rob the skies of light.
He flew off towards the park, Ladybug and Chat Noir right behind him.
"We need a plan!" , shouted Ladybug, "I can barely see!"
Chat paused on a building over-looking the park, took her hand, and lead her safely down to the street. He pulled her quickly into an alley and whispered,
"M'Lady, use your lucky charm, hopefully it will give you night vision goggles. Then de-transform feed Tikki, re-transform and we can defeat the De-Lighter."
"Great plan, kitty! Lucky Charm!" , she screamed and threw her yoyo into the air. A flash of pink light appeared over her head and dropped a little torch into her hands. She looked at Chat, shrugged and said,
"Ehh, close enough."