Ch.11

Marinette de-transformed and fed Tikki, while Chat went after the De-Lighter. He was terrorising a children's birthday party as they had attacked him with whipped cream and told him he was unfunny, resulting in their parents not paying him. He raised all the children off the ground and into the skies, trapping them in place with his powers, leaving them helpless. Chat Noir bounded along buildings and leaped into the air, pulling the kids down one by one and bringing them to their parents. This was just the distraction the villain needed however, and as Chat saved the last child, he swooped down and grabbed him, preparing to take his ring. Chat managed to fight his way out of his grasp and twirled his staff, ready for battle. The De-Lighter almost growled in impatience, and took a ballon sword from his pocket. The boy laughed,
"A ballon sword? You think you can beat me with a ballon sword? Ok, but this will end in a catastrophe!"
The villain grinned and ran to face Chat, swinging the sword, and letting it clink against Chat's staff to show him it wasn't just a ballon. He gulped. The two started to really fight, Chat using all of his strength against the much bigger man, who was pushing him to the ground. He scanned desperately around for Ladybug, but he didn't see her. The villain used this moment of distraction and pushed Chat to the ground. Before he could move, he picked him up and tried to take off his ring. The boy was slowly struggling out of his grip but he wasn't fast enough. He was just about to give up hope when Ladybug emerged from the alley.
"Let him go!" , she shouted swinging her yoyo at the De-Lighter as he started to fly away again. She managed to wrap it around his legs and she was pulled up with him. She waited until the were over a building, nodded at Chat, and started to tickle the villain. He proved to be very ticklish and let go of Chat, dropping him safely down onto Marinette's parents bakery. They were huddled inside in fear but visibly relaxed when they saw the city's superheroes.
"Ladybug!" , called Chat,
"Use your lucky charm again!"
She nodded, and tried to keep a good hold of her yoyo as the De-Lighter was swinging his legs around madly, trying to make her fall. She managed to get a good grip and shouted,
"Lucky Charm!"
This time a small mirror landed in her hands and she scanned the area with her 'lucky vision'.
The mirror lit up, along with the torch, Chat Noir, the giant disk blocking out the sun, and the De-Lighters eyes. She threw the mirror to Chat and told him to angle it towards the disk. Before the villain knew what was happening, Ladybug shone the torch at the mirror, and Chat bounced the light off the disk, which shone right in the De-Lighter's eyes. He screamed and lost control of his flight, spiralling to the ground. Chat gasped and leaped off the building to catch Ladybug, and even though she didn't need catching, she smiled at his thoughtfulness as he brought her safely down. Ladybug then ran over to the clown, took off his water-spraying flower, broke it. The akuma flew out and she lit up her yoyo and purified it.
"Bye-bye little butterfly!", she said and fist bumped Chat.
"Bien Joué!" , they cried out. Then, the news crews started to arrive, so Ladybug smirked and kissed Chat on the cheek. The reporters exclaimed at the camera men to take a photo, but it was too late. When they turned back to face the pair, they were gone.

Later in the evening, Adrien and Marinette were sitting on Marinette's balcony, the girl having told her parents they were dating.
Apart from the constant interruptions of Marinette's parents with food, they were alone.
"How did you know the akuma was in his flower?"
Marinette paused and thought about it.
"Lucky guess..."
A short silence and then,
"How did you know what I was going to ask you yesterday at school; how did you know I was your Ladybug?"
Adrien smiled and said,
"Lucky guess."
Marinette's parents stopped interrupting after that, Sabine told Tom that the two were innocent but neither of them were prepared to go and check.