Ch.7

When Marinette arrived home it was about 3am and she was emotionally and physically exhausted. Was Chat Adrien? Could he be Adrien? Their personalities were so different, but then again, so were Ladybug's and Marinette's... Is it possible that the memory could be a coincidence? It seemed to good to be true, right? She got both boys she wanted and got to live happily ever after? Marinette knew from bitter experience that wasn't how the world worked. And what about that bracelet? Sure it looked very similar, but that was from a distance... She de-transformed and flopped on her bed, wanting to sleep but feeling wide awake. Tikki encouraged her to get some rest; tomorrow was gonna be a big day! Marinette took her advice and fell asleep to her kwami singing a lullaby, but her dreams were confusing and dark. 

In the morning, Marinette wanted to go back to her tradition of being late, but Tikki forced her out of bed and spouted an inspirational mantra to her as she brushed her hair. When she got to school, Alya commented on her punctuality, (two days in a row, damn girl!), and repeated a similar mantra as they waited for Adrien.
"When are you gonna tell him?" Alya asked.
"As soon as he gets here, I-I think..."
Marinette was a bundle of nerves and couldn't think straight. She was doing this, she was actually doing this, and even though there was a good chance she was just asking out Chat Noir, she was more nervous than when she had had to make one of Jagged Stone's album covers. She sat down beside Alya, mentally rehearsing exactly what she was going to say, until Adrien finally arrived with Nino; a little late, so they were the only four in the courtyard. Alya quickly made an excuse to drag Nino away and left Marinette with a thumbs up and a stomach filled with butterflies. She took a deep breath and said,
"H-hi Adrien. I-I wanted to uhh, ask you something..."
Adrien stared at her and started to grin widely. He put a finger to her lips and said,
"Yes Marinette."
Marinette looked back at him, confused.
"What? I-I didn't even ask you yet..."
"You don't need to. I like you too Marinette. Yes, I would like to go out with you, any time, anywhere. You never needed to ask, M'Lady."
Marinette stared at him wide eyed, feeling droplets of rain start to fall on her head, and her world fall apart and then fit back together in a much better way.
"Kitty?"