Ch.9

Marinette left her homework almost completely undone and left her house an hour early for patrol, unsurprised to find Chat waiting for her at their school.
"Hey kitty!" , she said, sneaking up behind him. He jumped and turned to face her, but softened completely when he saw who it was.
"M'Lady."
He bowed to her, but this time when he straightened up, it was he who grasped Ladybug in his arms and kissed her passionately. Ladybug responded with much enthusiasm, and Chat moved this moment to his best memory in this school, no, his best memory ever. When they detangled themselves, they went and sat on the roof. There was a short but comfortable silence until both of them decided to speak.
"Did you ever guess it was me?"
they said in unison.
"No."
"Maybe."
Chat stared at her.
"When did you guess?"
Ladybug smiled and said,
"Oh, Alya had some theory that you could be Chat Noir. I shut her down but she had planted the seed. Your memory from the first day of school made it grow."
Chat seemed satisfied with this explanation and went on to say,
"So you have a huge crush on me, huh? Better start bringing a pen to sign autographs! I don't usually like autographing, but I'd do anything for my biggest and cutest fan."
Ladybug fake scowled at him and folded her arms across her chest.
"I have no idea what you're talking about. You should be the one begging me for autographs; I've seen your internet history."
Chat gasped.
"No."
"Yes."
He was scrambling for a response when Ladybug started laughing and said,
"I'm just joking, but judging from your expression, maybe I should be looking through your internet history."
She winked at him as she watched the shock slip off his face.
Chat started to breath normally again and made a mental note to always use a private browser window from now on.
The two sat in content silence again for a while until Ladybug voiced a concern.
"Are you really happy with your Ladybug, kitty? Do you still think of me the same knowing I'm the clumsy, awkward Marinette?"
She tried to smile a little but failed. Chat stared at her in surprise. He then stared at the ground for a second and spoke,
"Did you really think I'd just forget about who you are with the mask when I learned who you are without? The girl I love is neither Ladybug nor Marinette; I love the girl who is both."
Ladybug considered his slightly confusing speech until she differed the meaning. Ladybug was the person she wanted to be, Marinette was the person she was born to be, but the real her, the one she could be with no one else but Chat, was both.
"Thank you kitty... I was always so insecure about revealing my identity to you because I thought it would change your opinion of me. I never realised that you could like who I was no matter what costume I wore. It's strange really, how close we were but yet how far apart. It sounds really silly and poetic, but it's true."
Chat smiled at Ladybug's ability to sound inspirational and awe-inducing whenever the time called for it. Kinda like a Tumblr post. He turned his head to look over the city, at all the people out there who depended on him and Ladybug, and he was glad it was Marinette behind the mask.
"So..." ,
Ladybug said, interrupting his thoughts,
"Any insecurities you might wanna reveal? Any issues? Any questions?"
Chat did have one thing in particular he wanted to discuss but he was worried about how the discussion would end. 
He looked back at Ladybug, into her trusting blue eyes, the most beautiful things he could think of, and swallowed his fear.
"There... is one thing that bothers me, M'Lady. I-I was wondering.... do you only like me as Adrien, and not when I'm Chat Noir? Can you truly accept that I'm both, and that they're not two separate people?"
It was Ladybug's turn to look shocked at Chat's question. She grabbed him by the shoulders and stared directly into his eyes again, saying,
"Of course Chat! I know it's you in there Adrien, and that unfortunately,  Chats hilarious puns are all yours. It's like you said about me, you're not Chat, and you're not Adrien, you're both. And no matter what mask you wear I will still love you, ok?"
Chat's face spilt into a wide grin and he replied giddily,
"Good enough for me, M'Lady!"
He stood up, pulling her up with him and proclaimed,
"Now I must shout my love for you to the world!"
He then went to Ladybug and whispered in her ear,
"I love you."
She giggled and said,
"I'm not sure the whole world could hear that kitty."
He planted a smug smile on his face as he replied,
"But you're my whole world."
Ladybug blinked at him for a few seconds, then groaned and said,
"We were having a moment! We were having such a beautiful moment and you ruined it with your not-so-hilarious puns. I was gonna tell our grandchildren this story but now you've just ruined it!"
Chat chuckled at her fake tantrum and whispered in her ear again,
"What if I could un-ruin it?"
Ladybug grinned coyly and said,
"Well... you're welcome to try."
Chat took her in his arms again and never wanted to let her go, because he had found her, the perfect girl, with eyes as blue as the heavens and his mother's smile.