Chapter 12

"What's there to talk about? Can this wait? I'm exhausted!" Instead of answering she hands me water which I gulp down. When I finish it feels like I've finally started to wake up but not physically.

"Silvia this can't wait as much as I want you to rest you need to know the truth. This all has to do with when you were born. You were born the same day that my sister was killed. In fact she died going to get me some clothes from the house. We were in such a rush with your father driving as fast as he could to get there that we both forgot my bag. Well I don't blame her for rushing out I was one hormonal bitch and the contractions weren't helping. " My mom says this like she's talking about the weather with a small smile on her face.

"MOM! Don't say that." These are the times where my mom is more laid back than normal. I mean I still laughed knowing that she wasn't like most parents but she still shouldn't talk like that.

" Silvia I'm serious being pregnant mad me have ,mood swings out of the stars, It was kind of bizarre actually.

Harper would've been your aunt. She was my best friend even with her being two years younger than me and I always felt responsible for not protecting her. She was such a sweet girl with brownish gold eyes that always seemed to captivate people. Her hair was always longer than mine which I used to jealous of but mine was always easier to manage." I subconsciously touched my long hair thinking about how long it takes me to do my hair.

  "She had a permanent tan that seemed to make her glow even when she was sick. Which is where I think you got your complexion from.  We looked the same besides our eyes and her being almost half an inch taller than me ,which she never let me live down.

She was my best friend and always will be ,but there's so much that we had to hide from that when I got pregnant it put us both in a dangerous situation. You see we were both in the Royal guard. Which is like the Secret Service for the supernatural; . We were like bosses plan missions, fire the lazy, spy on the untrustworthy, all that jazz you see in movies but it wasn't as fun though we wanted to be out on the field so bad like we had been trained to do but they wouldn't let us.

We chose our own path with me going to be the next beta of the nightshade pack and with her as doing as she pleased. We were trained to be strong by father but graceful by our mother and when the time came we both fell in love. With me being the Beta everything seemed fine. Except for the fact that when we found out that we were pregnant the rogue attacks increased and they had me on lock down in the house most of the time while Harper went to work for the royals still. " She starts to tear up and rushes to wipe the tears away.

I went into labor early but that still doesn't mean that they weren't watching. Harper rushed against my will and came to see you be born. we were in such a rush that we forgot my spare clothes and my camera inside the house. She volunteered to go get it.. by herself saying 'I needed my husband to gush about my baby to' and boy did I gush over you." Her face was taken over by a somber look." When she got to the house rogues came out of the woods and attacked her she must've put up one hell of a fight since there were bodies found in the house. But I will always feel responsible for that day. I will always feel responsible for her death." After she tell me all of this I'm a mess with tears running down my face. I pull her in for a hug and all we do is sit and cry for seems like hours. When she finally pulls away I ask the questions that I've been waiting to ask.

" Why are you telling me this now?" She lets out a tired sigh and wipes the tears off of my face.

"I'm telling you this because I may have to leave."

"But you ca-!" I almost scream when she cuts me off. What does she mean leave. Where would she go? What would I do?

" You listen to me and you listen well. I cannot face what awaits here, he already knows I'm here and I still can bring my self to look at him after almost eighteen years. I'm going to search for your father and visit some old friends that can helps me. Silvia when I leave .I Will. Call. You. where I'm going may be unknown but I don't want you to worry because I will always be safe and you will be safe here in the kingdom and with your grandparents. " She kisses my forehead while looking me in the eyes. She wants me to say anything, she wants me to say something but I can't. She stands to walk towards the door and turns off the light.

" I will always love you sweetheart no matter what. And you are never alone." She goes to close when I yell for her to wait. She looks at me expectantly waiting to see what I say.

" Who are you afraid to see mom? Why must you leave me? What will I do with four months of school left?" What will I do without you? But I don't ever ask that. She smiles at me and sits at the end of the bed rubbing her hand comfortingly on my knee.

" Harpers mate was the Kings best friend Damien; I know he still lives her but I had to get you to safety. He's told me before he doesn't blame me ut he lost his mate the love of his life because I wasn't prepared. I just cant face him fully yet. I still need to go to search for your father being away from him kills me but I know he's alive. You're going to be attending  school with Cynthia her and if things need to be changed your grandparents know what to do?" With that she gets up and kisses me goodnight telling me she'll see me off in the morning.  

I know I replied back but I'm not sure what exactly I said. All I could think before darkness consumed me was 'Now I'm Truly alone'.