Chapter 1

Picture of Ashton ^

Chapter 1

September 6th, 2013 

11:27 P.M.

 Ugh. Football parties. By far, the most pointless parties I've ever been to. There are always drunk, sweaty teens the host doesn't even know making out and spilling beer all over the carpet. The parties are chaotic, messy, ridiculously loud, and they smell like sex, not to mention these things were every damn week. If it wasn't for Xavier, my older brother, and Cole, I wouldn't even be here, trying to avoid vomiting teens and motionless bodies. Whether they were actually alive or not was questionable.

You see, Xavier and Cole decided to bring our entire soccer team, including me, to a football game celebration just to spite the football players. The soccer team and the football team has hated each other for about a decade. Why? I don't know, and no one seems to care. Ten years of endless fighting and no one knows why. I hate football players, but not because of the rivalry. I hate those brainless pricks because they think they own the school and make it their hobby to bully others for fun.

"Hey, Ashton!" Xavier yelled over the pounding music. "Come here!" He and Cole were leaning against a wall, peering into the living room. I stepped around a few couple who were to lazy to get a room (or even a corner) and went to my two closest friends.

"What?" Cole nodded his head into the living room, where the infamous Daniel Fisher was making out with some cheerleader. Reyna something. I don't know. Other football players and their girls were cheering them on, red plastic cups held high.

"I think we should join them, don't you think?" Not really. I would never admit it, but I'd rather be at home helping my mom while she cooked dinner. She's a single mother with five kids, including Xavier and I, so she needed all the help she could get. My two sisters, Nellie and Nyla, were only six and guaranteed to give her a hard time. My younger brother, Marvin, was twelve and pretty much useless, too busy with video games to notice his hard-working mother. Xavier invested most of his time into the rivalry, leaving me the only sibling willing to babysit so my mom could rest.

This stupid rivalry wastes a lot of my time, and I really couldn't care less what the football players do in there spare time. In a year, I won't even remember their names. Still, I followed as Xavier led Cole and our team to the living room.

"Danny, good to see you." Cole sneered and all the football players groaned. Some girls loyal to the football team's side of the rivalry groaned as well, but most of them welcomed us. A few smiled and fluttered their eyelashes.

"What the f*ck are you assholes doing here?" Danny hissed.

"Now, now, Danny. Is that any way to talk to a friend?" Xavier taunted. "We just stopped by to have a little fun. What are you guys playing?"

"None of your damn business. Now get the hell out of my house." The host, Zachary Ramse sniffed, hoping to upset us. Instead, the team just shrugged and made for the exit, letting Xavier do all the sly talking.

"Alright. Wouldn't want to humiliate you in your own house." Xavier turned to leave but Zachary stopped him.

What the hell is that supposed to you mean?"

"Zach, let it go." Danny hissed. He knew what Xavier was doing. Everyone knew Zachary Ramse doesn't back down from a challenge. And Xavier is the master of reverse psychology.

"No, no, I'm with you on this one. Those girls would end up going home with us anyway. And that would make you look weaker than you already are. You shouldn't risk that. Not to mention, we're awesome kissers, so most of your little games of yours would end fast."