Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Have you ever done something that should have felt so wrong but only felt so right? You know it could only cause trouble but you can't help but succumb to your desires. That's how I felt when Danny kissed me in front of the movie theatre. I knew that anyone could see us. I knew that people from our school were there. I knew that I had a boyfriend. And yet, I still wrapped my arms around his neck and deepened our kiss.

One kiss from Danny and I completely forgot Kyle's name. I couldn't come up with a single reason as to why I shouldn't be in his arms. Being in his arms, I knew that no one could make me feel this way. Why can't I have this? I want this so bad.

Danny tightened his grip around my waist and slid his tongue over mine before he finally pulled back for air. He rested his forehead against mine, not even concerned about who could see us. I slid my hands down to rest them against his chest.

"I need you." He murmured. "This isn't about jealousy or Kyle. I...have feelings for you that I can't really explain. You're infuriating, hotheaded, and stubborn. But somehow, those are the parts I like about you the most. I'll come out to the whole school if you want. I just want to be with you."

It took several seconds to wrap my head around the situation. I'm in a relationship with Kyle. This is wrong. As if Danny could see the internal conflict in my eyes, he swooped down and kissed me again. I gasped and clutched his jacket, letting him kiss my breath away. I moaned until I remembered where we were and who I was kissing. And the one I was kissing was not my boyfriend.

"Danny." I whispered. People were beginning to glance our way, and no doubt, eventually one of them would be someone who went to our school or knew Kyle. Danny nodded and took my hand, leading me into the theatre. We went to the arcade and slid into an out of order photo booth near the back. As soon as the curtain was closed, Danny pulled me into his lap and kissed me again.

We made out for what felt like hours but was probably only a few minutes. I missed everything about him. His warm embrace felt like heaven. We broke the kiss and I rested my head on his shoulder while he planted small kisses on my neck and ear. His fingers traced along my spine beneath my shirt while his other hand rested on my leg. I could hear people laughing and talking distantly from the photo booth, but none were anywhere near us. Still, I felt horribly guilty as if I'd already been caught.

"This is so bad." I groaned. "I'm cheating on Kyle."

"Yeah, well, Kyle's an ass." Danny muttered and pecked my lips.

"That isn't a good reason to cheat on anyone." I tried to untangle myself from him, but he caught me by my hips and stopped me from standing. He stared me in the eyes, struggling with his next words, before looking away.

"I want to be with you." He said again, softly. "I know you're with Kyle, but..."

"You don't want me to be." I finished for him.

"No..."

He trailed off and we sat in silence. I watched him carefully. His words were sincere, I knew that much, but would he stay true to his words? Or would they turn out to be just a method to stall the distance that had formed between us. I wanted to take the risk, I really did, but the loss would be great. Kyle would hate me for cheating. I would've come out for nothing. Eventually, my mom would find out because you can only keep things from her for so long, and when she did, I would have to tell her why I came out and who I came out for. I'd have to tell her about Danny and how he said he wanted me only to turn his back on me. Was it really worth the risk?

"Let's go. Your friends are waiting." I stood and waited for him to do the same before I stepped out of the booth. We quickly bought our tickets and joined his friends in the theatre just ast the previews ended and the movie began. I could hardly pay any attention to the movie because Danny kept playing with my fingers. Though his friends couldn't see this, I could tell they were a bit suspicious when we came back and sat next to each other. Before this, we'd never been friendly in front of them.