Chapter 3

Chapter 3

"You're staring." My best friend, Ian, teased. I rolled my eyes but didn't take my eyes off of Daniel Fisher, the one person who manages to catch my attention, why I have no idea. He's gullible, oblivious, straight, and dopey with his soft blue eyes, and yet, he is all I can think about. Great, I have a crush on the school quarterback. How cliche.

"I know." I said and Ian shoved me. I shoved him back, smirking. It was lunch and we were sitting with the team right in front of the table Danny sat at with his friends. They were really loud and kind of weird but he always sits with them rather than sitting with the football team. Ian grimaced as Danny shoveled a forkful of mystery meat into his mouth. I don't know how he is able to stomach the school food (and I use the word loosely) and actually enjoy it.

"So why do you like him again?" Ian asked in disgust.

"No clue." I replied. There was absolutely nothing special about Daniel Fisher. He was like every other typical football player in this school. Popular with all the girls, partied almost every weekend, and ignorant to the more important things. Just like my brother, Xavier, he invested most of his time in the stupid rivalry no one knew anything about. That wasn't much of surprise to me considering everyone on the soccer team except me makes a point to keep the rivalry going. Same with the football players.

"And you're sure that you're into him?" Ian asked.

"Positive." I answered, and I was. There had to be more to him than his average good looks and ability to consume anything less than radioactive. Something about him drew me in, and I hated it because I couldn't figure out why I was so obsessed. The feelings I had for him contradicted my burning desire to bash his head in every time he opens his mouth, and yet, it's all there.

"Yeah, there is definitely something wrong with you." He huffed. "I don't need to be gay to know that he wouldn't be most gay guys' first choice."

"I don't know, Ian. That sounds pretty gay to me." I mocked. Ian groaned and shook his head, hand holding his forehead.

"Great. Your sudden transition to the other team has rubbed off on me. Maybe I should just sit with your brother." On cue, my older brother, Xavier plopped into the seat next to mine before snatched a few chips from my bag and taking a swig from my bottle of Gatorade. He has a habit of forgetting to bring his own food so instead of just buying lunch at school, he steals from mine.

"Hey, guys!" He exclaimed, bumping fists with me and Ian. "What's up?"

"Nothing just discussing Ashton's...preferences." Ian chuckled and I glared at him.

"Preferences on what?" Xavier asked, completely oblivious to the death stare I was shooting and Ian's smug grin.

"On women." I replied before Ian could.

"Really, why? Is there someone you like, Ash?" He asked and I shook my head, pullng a face.

"Yeah right. None of the girls at this school are worth dating." I said and Ian laughed.

"Oh yeah, are you guys going to Cole's after school?" Xavier asked and I narrowed my eyes, staring at my unfinished lunch. Yeah, to kick his ass. That asshole actually taped us at the party, just for leverage! And he knows that tape could ruin my life. Suddenly, I had lost my appetite. I was getting myself pissed off.

"No." I said finally.

"What, why?" Xavier groaned. "It's going to be fun! And we're planning to teppee Zach's house."