Chapter 10

Short chapter today, mostly because this is a filler so I can hurry up and get to Ashton, who's point of view is so much more important to the plot right now.

Chapter 10

It was the night of the party and the only Friday varsity football didn't have a game. Everyone from our school was here. Everyone except Ashton. The party was in full swing and there was no sign of him. I'd long since given up on telling myself I wasn't looking for him, because in truth, I noticed he wasn't at the party the minute I stepped through the doorway. According to my friend Hayley, he was helping Jasper with plan a date for his boyfriend, which is why he's so late. I was supposed to be helping with that too, but the possibility of seeing Ashton again and talking to him again was too tempting. Plus, Noland was spending the night at his friend's house for the weekend, so I was able to go.

For once, the party was actually a rivalry free zone, probably because the girls who owned the house, Posy and her older sister, Dawn, would castrate anyone who dared to start a fight. The two girls are known for their amazing party throwing skills. Every party they host has delicious food, awesome music, no parents, and just enough drama to keep the girls at our school interested. In fact, it's rumored that some of the drama that starts at their house is fabricated by the sisters themselves.

The entire soccer team had already shown up and most of the football team, but still no Ashton. I sighed and decided to pour myself a drink, hoping that if I actually acted like I was at a party, I'd stop worrying about where Ashton was. I mean, he's clearly lost interest in me, so why should I worry about him.

Just as I was taking a long and satisfying sip out of my drink, Kyle slid out of the crowd and came to a stop at the counter, right next to me. He tapped his fingers on the counter and hovered before choosing a can of beer, as if all the others weren't exactly the same. I was going to leave when he spoke, saying the worst thing I could possibly hear right now.

"I know how you feel about him." I froze as Kyle reclined, leaning against the kitchen counter to pour himself a drink. My eyes followed his casual movement, suspicious. How the hell does he know about me and Ashton? I frowned and glared at him, trying not to show how cautious I was. He could be bluffing.

"What are you talking about?" I practically growled. Kyle just smirked and shrugged, holding his arms up in defense.

"No need to get so defensive." He said, pausing to take a sip from his drink. "I'm not judging you."

"There's nothing to judge." I snapped through my clenched teeth. Kyle rubs me the wrong way. Always has. He's a sly bastard and I wouldn't trust him for a second, even if my life depended on it. There's something about him that bugs me, and it isn't that he's always all over Ashton, although that did play a huge part.

"No, really. I can see why even a stereotypically straight guy like you would go gay for Ashton." Kyle said, smiling at me. "He's...tempting."

"Look, Kyle, seriously man, I don't know what the hell you're talking about." I scoffed. "I hope, for your sake, that this is your last drink."

"So you didn't leave large hickeys down the side of his neck in the locker rooms a few weeks ago?" Kyle asked.

"What?" My head snapped up and I gaped at him. He wasn't looking at me but his lips were curled into a smug but small smile. I wanted to punch him and wipe that stupid smirk off his face. How the hell did he know about what we did in the locker room? "How do you know that?"

I didn't see the point in pretending. It's clear that he knows what is going on between Ashton and I. The only question is how? I mea, I'm sure any idiot could guess that we were interested in each other if they watched us enough, but he knew exactly what we did and where we were. He was sending some major stalker vibes.