Roommates

"What the hell is evaporated milk?" You muttered to yourself, reading the recipe book. "How do you evaporate milk? Wouldn't that just be air?" You wondered out loud, grabbing your phone to search it up.
This wasn't anything new, cooking at two in the morning. You don't even know when it started, but you blamed it on the stress of university. You called it stress-baking, and it just so happened that you always did it during the middle of the night. And in your bra and underwear too.
Your roommate didn't mind, he was very aware of your weird ways. Honestly, he was a sweetheart, probably the best roommate you could ask for. Calum, his name was. You had met a few months after University had started; for the first months you were staying with a group of friends, but you wanted your own place. Calum had been looking for a roommate at the time, so you took him up on the offer.
After over a year of living together, Calum had gotten used to your weird sleeping patterns, your stress baking and the lack of clothes you would wear around the place. And you had gotten used to the little songs Calum would hum to himself, when he'd all your food and his lack of clothing as well.
Your friends liked to say that he sculpted from the Gods, he had a beautiful body, and a beautiful face. You thought so too, of course but you didn't want to cause anyway uncomfortable tension between the two of you. And plus, you liked being friends with him. He may look, or come across as an asshole, but he was probably the nicest guy you knew.
You opened the can of pumpkin, not really measuring it as you scooped it into the bowl. "Screw evaporated milk." You muttered to yourself, grabbing the regular milk. "Y/N?" You heard your name being called.
"Did I wake you?" You called out, hearing his footsteps approach. "Hm?" You heard the rasp in his voice, as he cleared his throat. "No," Calum muttered, watching you as you turned around. "I came to uh, I'm here to um. I came to get water."
"Oh," You nodded, offering him a smile. You took in his appearance; his legs covered in grey sweatpants and black shirt pulled over his chest. His hair was a mess, little curls all over his face. "Is that my flannel? Are you in your underwear?"
At your roommate's words, you looked down realizing you had pulled on one of his flannels so that it was loosely resting on your shoulders. Remaining unbuttoned; it was falling off one of your shoulders, leaving your bra on display.
You waved him off. Normally you would feel compelled to cover up but you felt comfortable in your skin around Calum. Plus, it was nothing he hadn't seen before. "Yeah but come over here," You motioned for him to move closer to you, pointing at the recipe book. "What are you making?" Calum asked, still remaining where he was. "Pumpkin pie. I already made the dough and everything, but it says here that you need evaporated milk and I don't think he have any of that."
You hadn't him your phone, showing him what you'd found on evaporated milk. "It says here that you can substitute it by letting normal like simmer until it becomes thicker." You explained. Calum still looked half asleep, so you gave him the benefit of the doubt for being slow.
"I love pumpkin pie." Calum smiled, handing you back your phone, and sitting up on the counter across from you. You let out a laugh, nodding. "So do I."
You worked in silence, mixing the orange mixture in the bowl as Calum watched you. You looked in all the cupboards, looking for the glass measuring bowl you guys had in one of the cupboards. "Babe do you need help?" Calum called from the other side of the kitchen. You turned around, noticing Calum's eyes flick up to your face. You wanted to laugh out loud, catching him staring at your ass.
"Yeah, maybe." You turned back to the bowl, next thing you knew Calum was behind you. "I'll get that for you babe." Calum muttered, voice dropped down to a whisper. "Thanks," You whispered. After standing there for who knows how many seconds, you spoke up again. "Cal, can I have the cup?"
He didn't move, or speak. He was staring down at you, lip lodged between his teeth. "Cal," You whispered again. He placed the cup on the counter next to you, taking you by surprise with his sudden movement. The hand that had been holding the cup moved to your arm, sliding up to cup your cheek. You saw it coming; his face leaning closer to yours, his eyes fluttering shut. His nose collided with yours first, then his lips. They were light on yours at first, innocent brushes.
His grip on your shoulder tightened other hand grapping at your waist. He pulled you closer to him, hand bunching in the material of the flannel. Your first instinct was to pull him closer, not pushing away. You wanted more. "Cal," You whispered against your roommates lips. "Hm?" He hummed, thumb rubbing your cheek as he rested his forehead against yours.
"Kiss me like you mean it."
Calum grinned at your words, before he did as you said. He pulled you against him, your back against the counter of the kitchen as his lips moved on yours with the desperation you both felt. The hand that was at your waist slid down to your hip, then further down to your thigh. Calum's teeth bit into your bottom lip, a small gasp emitting from your lips.
Calum brought his other hand to your thigh, pulling you up so that you could sit on the counter. Wrapping your legs around his waist, you pulled him closer to you. "Is that your dick?" You couldn't help but laugh. "Shut up," He muttered, "It's been like that ever since I saw you in your underwear and my flannel."
Neither of you thought about what this would mean. You guys just went with it. "Mm babe," He hummed against you lips. "You're way better than pumpkin pie."

- Not mine from Tumblr