Chapter 30 - A Date with Gwendal

Anzu pov:

Standing in front of the mirror, I ran my fingers through my half tied hair and set some of it over one shoulder. I smoothed the creases out of the tunic blouse I wore over high rise, dark brown trousers. Nodding in satisfaction at my appearance, I left my room and strode down the corridor while thinking of what I could do for the day.

It was a typical day in Covenant Castle after the incident with the Demon Mirror had settled - Yuri was busy with his studies with Günter tutoring him, Conrad and Josak were discussing something in the former's office, I had no idea where Wolfram was, and Gwendal was in his office going through documents related to governance of the Great Demon Kingdom.

I contemplated on visiting the Shrine of the Great one to say hello to Ulrike and Ken. However, I wasn't really in the mood to be in the shrine where the Great One's presence and watch would be more than obvious, rendering any sort of lazing or loitering impossible. Besides, I had only discovered that I could, on some occasions, see auras around people that hinted me on their emotions at any particular time. I hadn't tried to practice it much, though I was able to see the aura for a few seconds if I concentrated hard enough. If I went to the shrine now and Ulrike and Ken had had a whiff of this ability of mine, I was sure to be held back there and insisted to train until I had mastered that ability. I was in no moof for hard work right now.

Coming to a stop against the railings beyond which was the central courtyard, I gazed at the flower bed fondly. More than half a year had gone by so quickly and so much had happened, and every person in the Great Demon Kingdom had become my family. Of course, the three brothers and Josak and Lay Celi were the people I had grown closest to and wished to protect with all my heart.

Climbing down the three steps to the courtyard, I stepped to the flower bed and kneeled in front of it. The flowers swayed in the gentle wind, eliciting a smile from me. Reaching out, I caressed the soft, delicate petals of the flowers that were named after the three brothers.

Beautiful Wolfram - Wolfram, pushing aside the fact that he was more than obsessed about being Yuri's betrothed, was someone I had come to see as a younger brother just like Yuri. He was stubborn at times, and could be annoying at times too, but was quite a softie under the hotheaded persona he always put up. He enjoyed being doted on, though never admitted it, and I had my share of fun teasing him in anything to do with Yuri. He was a skilled swordsman for his age and was quick to step up to fight and protect the people he cared about. On that note, I was honoured to be considered important to him despite his often flustered denial.

Conrad Stands upon the Earth - Conrad was a guardian for many, a secret garden that one could escape into and find comfort in when one was going through a hard time. He was kind, understanding, supportive, and his very presence filled one with the strength and confidence to pull through any difficulty. He was a pillar of support to not just Yuri but everyone in Covenant Castle. He was the most patient person I had seen in my entire life. We trusted him very much and everyone knew that the Great Demon Kingdom would surely fall to chaos without him.

And last but not the least, Secret Gwendal. My smile widened upon touching the petals of this flower, my love for the man gushing through me. Gwendal was someone secretive indeed. He was always so stoic and strict, especially with Yuri, but I could see that his intentions were always for the betterment of the Demon King as well as the Great Demon Kingdom. He portrayed such strength and courage and balance, but was also just as tender hearted. He was a worry wart, though didn't express it through panic like everyone else and only let it torment him on the inside until the matter was solved. His hobbies of knitting and baking that also were stress busters for him made him all the more adorable. Goodness, I could not get enough of this man that I loved so much.