Chapter 34 - The Last Box

Anzu pov:

Shutting my eyes, I leaned back in my seat to take a short break from reading. My eyes were dry and tired, and begging for rest, as was my brain that I had been overworking off late. I was even more exhausted because I could not stop thinking about Gwendal every now and then in between.

Opening my eyes, I gazed at the ceiling blankly for a few minutes before I straightened up to look through my law book again. I was making notes for a new case I had taken up, and I had been reading for hours. My eyes hurt again and I figured that I needed to take a proper break now. Putting a bookmark between the sheets, I closed the book and got up from my desk.

Having freshened up a little, I got myself a cup of green tea to drink while I relaxed in the balcony while gazing at the surroundings. It was a peaceful afternoon that soothed my heart and mind.

Yuri and the others including Shori, Miko san and Shouma san had gone to Switzerland to meet the Demon King on Earth. He was better known as the Demon King of the financial world rather than by his name Bob. He was very rich man in his fifties, and ran a financial investment business. It was surprising to find out that Shori had been in contact with him for some time now and knew of the Demon Tribe and everything else pertaining to Yuri.

Though Miko san had insisted on paying for my flight ticket to go with them to Switzerland, I had kindly refused and stayed behind. There were several cases that I had to work on that I needed time fore. Well, it wasn't that I was so busy that I couldn't spend a week traveling in search of the Forbidden Box, but I was not keen on spending too much time around Gwendal. While being around him would not only be awkward, it would be stressful to constantly pretend to still be dating him in front of the few who didn't know of our fallout.

Pushing unnecessary thoughts out of my head, I turned on the television. I watched a comedy show for a few minutes before changing to a music channel. Advertisements were playing, showcasing the latest trends for the summer season. There were two models in the advertisement – when the camera zoomed in on one of them, i nearly choked on the tea that i was drinking.

My eyes were wide on the handsome man wearing a light-blue, deep v-neck shirt, a semi-formal coat over it, and a pair of white trousers. He also wore a hat and sat in front of a huge poster of a beach.

"What in the world?" I mumbled, setting down my cup of tea.

It was more than shocking to see Gunter on television, posing for photos in clothes that made him look fabulous. He should have been in the Great Demon Kingdom, not in New York City playing model for one of their top brands!

 He should have been in the Great Demon Kingdom, not in New York City playing model for one of their top brands!

It was possible that he had come to Earth as a stowaway. Since he wasn't a part of the ceremony in the Shrine of the Great One, it was possible that there had been an accident that had sent him to a different location than the rest. He must have been so confused and lost when he turned up here. It was good that he seemed aright though, despite doing a gig that was new to him but suited him well.