Falling

I know, beyond a doubt, that we can do it. Maybe there's only darkness ahead of us, maybe we're walking down a road that will only drop off into a black abyss, but you still have to believe. Believe that the stars above you, twinkling gold in an otherwise lightless sky, will illuminate the right path. Believe that the love in your heart will never fail you, and let it guide you on your path to do good, for if your love is true, it will never lead you astray.

Everyone uses the phrase "falling in love", but it isn't that. When you fall, you fall down, to where the earth ends and hell begins, but, if you love the pure way, you'll float up higher and higher each day, getting closer to heaven with every breath, and nearer to enlightenment with every heartbeat. So look up. Know you can find heaven if you only try, and then fall upwards to it, with me by your side, holding your hand and never taking a second for granted.

Maybe we're all doomed to break in our own tragic ways, maybe every effort we make to change the world for the better is futile, but you still have to keep going. You have to believe that there is still good in the world. Believe that those who love you will pull through, and love them in return. Know that we were created in God's image, with the sole purpose of being the best versions of ourselves that we can be and helping those led astray do the same.

Don't let that one bit of darkness, that one bit of black fear welling up in your stomach, overcome the light that fills your heart. And similarly, don't let the cold pragmatism of your mind overshadow the morality and empathy that also shares its home there. Love your fellow human, and let him love you back. Take all that is light and good in your heart and transfer it to your mind through your veins. With each heartbeat, let the blood course up to your brain with a new sense of exhilaration and enlightenment. And where your love is not strong enough to guide, let reason steer the way. Where love isn't enough, use what you know. And where what you know isn't enough, use love.