The Bliss of a Nightmare

Vanity and narcissism reign free in the modern minds of modern men and women. Where the digitized and synchronized world eliminates distance, universalizes knowledge, and distorts reality. Puffs of addicting, viral smoke inhaled by the young and the malleable enlighten, giving unprecedented access to a power that is ungovernable even by the most passionate authoritarians—the power of the mind and of the information it may wield. Veins swell with the sweet, sugary fluid of instantaneous satisfaction, patience dwindling into nonexistence as time becomes irrelevant, distance becomes an obsolete, antiquated concept, and the speed of the electron becomes the speed of the masses, hysterical in their pursuit of the information on which they prey. Whistleblowers and truth-seekers turn to daredevils and anonymous troublemakers, thriving on secrecy to combat secrecy, writhing behind invisible senses of artificial safety in the form of dark rooms and computer screens, hushed voices and masks of dead English treasonists. Brains quiver with the Utopian lies pulsating in them, skyrocketing on immediate dopamine rushes and crashing with anxiety, shrouded in clouds of fake, idealistic images of the lives of man, fighting for relevancy and popularity in a world where the collective attention span lasts as long as it takes for a webpage to load. The bounds of existence warp as we create a virtual mindset, assisted by sensory fabrications to enhance the human experience and biotechnological inventions to deteriorate expectation and toe the boundaries of the laws of our universe. 

Whatever the human mind may think, will be.