Note seventeen

Anger

Hate

Disgust

Worry

All four words described how I felt at this moment.

"He's always been picked on Namjoon, people taunting him about the things he likes, bullying him for his sexual preferences, teasing him about how much he loves the colour pink, calling him every name under the sun just because of who he is, and I can't do anything, anything, because he keeps saying "no mom, I'm fine" and "I'll be okay" and "I'm use to it now" I just-"

Tears streaming down her face, her voice hitching and her hands shaking.

We were both sat downstairs of Jins home, the older boy in bed, recovering from the trauma of today's events.

He had been beaten, three guys had pulled Jin aside and started punching and kicking him.

His mother, had found out when a breathless Jin called her, asking - no - pleading for help.

"Miss Kim, I promise that that boy will never, ever, get hurt again, I won't let him out my site on school grounds and if anyone even dares to lay a sly finger on that innocent boy they won't be able to even go any further, because I swear, they won't even know the meaning of the word breathe once I'm finished with them" I took a breath, Miss Kim looking at me, her eyes red from crying.

"Namjoon, please just look after him, he's never had a friend who cares so deeply for him before, he needs safety and assurance when I'm not there, and when I'm not here" her voice still wavered as she spoke.

"Don't worry Miss Kim, I'll go as far as to marry him if it meant protecting him"

She smiled, a genuine soft, happy smile before engulfing me into a hug and softly murmuring a 'thank you' into my shoulder.