[Chapter 10] Not Just A Little Crush

-Natalie's POV-

I walked into the hallway, "Rach!?! What the hell are you doing?"

Just as I caught up to her, I looked in the elevator and saw Joey and Toby standing there with a cake and a hug, "What are you guys doing here?" I asked them.

"We thought we could cheer you up with a cake and a hug," Joey answered for the two of them.

"I don't want your cake and hug," Rachael retorted coldly.

"Yeah!" I sided with her.

"Look, we know you took the whole Ian picking Melanie and Anthony picking Kalel thing a little hard, and we just want to cheer you up. I mean, we were all kind of in the same situation," Toby told us.

"Yeah, but you didn't fall in love with them," Rachael reminded them quietly, crossing her arms over her chest and dropping her head.

"So what?" Joey added, "You're in love with people you barely knew..."

"Barely knew?" I remarked, "Barely knew!?! Sure, we don't know them as well as Melanie and Kalel might, but we know them! And it's not just a little crush, Joey! We fell head over heels for them the minute we saw them on YouTube. And meeting them in person was more than I...we could imagine. It hurts to be used like we were, you know, get our hopes just to have them be crushed."

"I know how you feel, Nat," Toby replied.

"What?" The three of us questioned all at once.

"Yeah...Melanie's a really cool girl. And it kind of sucks that I didn't get a lot of time to get to know her well enough..."

"Are you saying you like her? As in more than a friend?" Rachael inquired. She must've read my mind because that's the exact same thing I was thinking.

He nodded his head, "I guess so."

"Great, now I have three people who are heartbroken over people who are taken," Joey harshly remarked, "Guys, they asked us to be their fake girlfriends and boyfriends. FAKE GIRLFRIENDS AND BOYFRIENDS. We shouldn't be hurt by them reuniting! We should be happy they're back together!"

I crossed my arms over my chest, "You aren't the slightest bit of sad that they're back together?" He shook his head, "So you're telling me that you didn't enjoy one bit of being Kalel's fake boyfriend?"

He gave me a perplexed look, "What?"

"I'm asking you, you didn't like any part of being Kalel's fake boyfriend?"

"Well, I mean, it was like an acting job."

"But how'd you make it seem real?" Rachael tested him, giving me a quick smirk to show me that she was understanding where I was getting at.

"Why are you asking me this!?!" He yelled at us angrily.

"I'm just trying to make a point that, though you may not realize, you are upset about Kalel getting back together with Anthony," I concluded.

He clenched his jaw, "I'm happy for them."

"Mhmm! Sure! And I'm happy that you're finally realizing that you aren't happy about them being reunited," Rachael remarked.

"Stop it!" He shouted, pressing the elevator button over and over again. Toby grabbed his wrist and Joey looked up at him in fear.

"You need to stop it," He told him, "You're acting like an idiot."

Joey yanked his arm out of Toby's hold and stomped his foot, "Sure. Suppose I did have feelings for Kalel. I can't do anything about it. She and Anthony are probably more in love than ever before."

Rachael and I smirked, "Now you know why we're hurt," She and I said in unison.

He crossed his arms and sighed.

"Well, since we're all on the same terms now, what are we going to do?" Toby inquired.

-Anthony's POV-

Kalel and I were sitting on the couch, doing our own stuff. She was playing with Kabuki and Pip while I was looking over the YouTube and media stuff (like followers, comments, all that fun stuff). They still hadn't gotten up, in fact, they might've even gone down more. And it's probably because, although they didn't make it public like Melanie and Kalel did, I'm sure word got around that we emotionally hurt Rach and Nat.

I really hate how Rachael took me picking Kalel. I mean, she told me that she understood and all, but...I just feel guilty. She's such nice person and I can't believe I put her in that position where I manipulated her. And same with Ian, he feels the same way towards Natalie.

And part of me still likes Rachael, but...Kalel...I don't know. She's just...more important to me, I guess. I mean, she is my fiance. And we're still on for getting married next year. And Rachael...she's a really good friend but...

I just hope that things can only get better from here on out.