[Chapter 15] Rejected (The Wedding Part Three)

-Anthony's POV-

I walked in and saw that people were leaving, and that Melanie and the other bridesmaids were surrounding my new wife. I pushed them all aside and looked at Kalel for myself. The top of her dress had been stained a bright red and her mascara ran down her pink cheeks.

"Kalel, what happened?" I asked softly.

She looked at me and whimpered, "You want to know what happened? Your little friends are what happened. One punched me in the face and the other one is supposedly still in love with you as you are with her!" She cried.

"What? No...I married you, Kalel. I don't still love Rachael! I never did!"

She chuckled slightly, "Okay then, if you don't love her, then I want you to stop hanging out with her. And never see her again."

I froze, she could not already be taking away my right just because we're married now. "What?" I croaked.

She took a step towards me, "You heard me, Anthony. Never see that bitch again. Or her sister."

"You can't tell me who I can and can't hang out with!" I snapped back.

She put her hands on her hips, "You chose me, Anthony. We got married. So you shouldn't have feelings for her anymore. Because if that's the case..." She shook her head, "I don't know what I'd do, but it wouldn't be good."

"I chose you because I love you! But I like Rachael as a friend! Is that so wrong?"

"Yes!" She shrieked, "She likes you more than a friend, Anthony. And I don't want there to be any possibility that you two would have an affair behind my back. You know I still think you like her too."

"I don't like her!" I retorted angrily, "Why does everyone think that!?!"

She rolled her eyes, "Whatever, Anthony. Do what you want. But I will leave you if you decide to see her again." Kalel picked up her dress and walked out of the reception hall, followed by Melanie.

Ian patted my shoulder, "You sure you made the right decision?"

-Natalie's POV-

I walked into the apartment with Toby to see Rachael and Joey sitting on the couch. Rachael had her head turned away from him as he finished his argument, "...if you still like him, you got to do something about it. Whether it's tell him or keep it as a burden all your life."

"But he's...!" Rachael began to shout back when she noticed Toby and me, "Oh, you guys are back. What happened after we left?" She inquired.

"Natalie punched Kalel in the face," Toby answered matter-of-factly, "Then we left. And so did everyone else."

"Oh my god, Nat!" Rachael stood up and walked up to me, "You punched her?"

I shrugged my shoulders, "It's just a punch in the face, I didn't kill her."

She smiled, "What'd she do to deserve it?"

"She said I put Anthony and Ian up to their whole argument about Anthony still liking you. Then she slapped me in the face, and no one be slapping me in my face!" I answered in a sassy tone. She smirked, "Then I punched her and...yeah..."

"So you punched Kalel in the face?" Joey added, joining the small group we had by the door.

I nodded my head, "I don't know if I feel bad about it yet, though. I mean, she kind of deserved it...but it was her wedding day...so I don't know."

"Surprisingly, I feel the same way," Rachael commented, "Like, I'm sort of happy you punched her, but...you're right. It was her wedding day and we ruined it. The wedding is like a girl's most memorable day, right?"