[Chapter 14] Better Days (The Wedding Part Two)

-Third Person POV-

Everyone smiled and "aww"ed as Anthony and Kalel both said "I do" and had their kiss. That is, everyone but Rachael, Natalie, Joey, and Toby. They all stood up with the rest of the people in the church in applause and cheer, though they did none of those things with as much enthusiasm as the others. The "I do" was it for them, they knew that this was the end. There was no chance of Rachael and Joey ever getting back together with Anthony and Kalel. And the next ones probably to marry would be Melanie and Ian, and that would be the end for Natalie and Toby.

-Rachael's POV-

I felt like I was murdered today. Them sealing their marriage with a kiss was it for me. Their probably most memorable kiss in the world was like a gun being shot at my heart. I forced my hands to clap against each other as I tried my best to show that I was supportive of them, like Toby said. Though I absolutely hated this.

They walked down the aisle, both making eye contact with all of us before leaving to get in their limo to go to the venue for the reception. We all left soon after that. The four of us got in the car and sat there for a little in silence.

"How are you guys doing?" Toby inquired, turning around to see me and Joey who sat in the back seat.

"I've had better days," I responded monotonously.

"Yeah, what she said," Joey added.

He frowned, "I'm really sorry, guys. But you had to. We all had to."

"No we didn't, I growled, "I could've stayed home today and just watch movies all day. But no, we had to be supportive of something I despise and come to a wedding that made me give up on all hope."

"Don't you think you're taking it a little to far, Rach?" Natalie asked me, glancing over her shoulder, "I mean, it just was a wedding."

"Well I'm sure you'd be the same way if Ian and Melanie were to get married."

"They haven't yet," She snapped back, "And anyways, I think it was a beautiful wedding," She went back to fixing her dress, "I'm happy for them."

"Can we just go?" Joey asked impatiently, "I want this night to be over soon and sitting here won't do any good."

Toby glared at him and slowly turned on the ignition and made our way to the reception hall. We got out and walked into a dimly lit room with tables scattered all about it, leaving some room for the dance floor and DJ. We looked for the table we were assigned to and sat down. Luckily it was in the back near the doors. Chatter filled the roomed as everyone buzzed about different things. Most of them having doing with Anthony and Kalel.

Then, Melanie clanked her fork up to her glass. She was standing while everyone else was sitting. Everyone quieted and gave her their undivided attention. I reached for my wine glass and picked it up, beginning to swirl the drink in my glass preparing for the toast.

She gave her lengthy toast (which in all honesty I wasn't paying attention to because I didn't really want to hear her rant about how great Kalel and Anthony are as a couple and blah blah blah). Next was Ian and then their parents. About thirty minutes later, we all raised our glasses and took a sip.

-Ian's POV-

I sat next to Anthony. He and Kalel were reminiscing about what just happened, even if it happened only a few hours ago. I didn't really listen to what they were saying. I was focused on Natalie's table. They all looked so miserable, though every once in a while, Joey or Toby would say something to Rachael or Natalie and they would crack a smile.