[Chapter 11] Bad Things

-Rachael's POV-

After we ate some cake and talked for a little, the four of us decided to just stick together through all of this. And we weren't going to stoop down to Kalel and Melanie's level and make this whole thing public.

We all went back to our normal lives, setting aside the sadness and moving on. That worked for a few months, until Anthony and Ian came to visit us one day.

*****

Natalie was watching over one of Meghan's (strawbury17's) cooking videos one last time to make sure she knew what to do and if she had all of the needed ingredients. I think she was attempting this Nyan Cat poptart thing for a third time.

I, on the other hand, was on my laptop, scrolling through the comments under our new video. Most of them were positive, some were negative, but others were saying we should do a vlog about our side of the story on what happened between us and Smosh.

I shut my laptop closed and covered my face as I heaved a sigh, "What do people not get!?! We're not friends with Smosh anymore!"

She looked up from her iPhone, "Maybe the fans happened to like us better with Anthony and Ian than they like Kalel and Melanie."

I scoffed, "Sure. And I like people," I remarked sarcastically.

She frowned, "Why are you always so negative?"

"Maybe because no matter how much good I do, bad things always happen to me." I stood up and walked over to the counter, swiping some of the icing she made onto my finger and popping it into my mouth.

"So you dating Anthony for about a month was a bad thing?" She questioned, knowing it would compromise my feelings.

I crossed my arms, "It was only to get him back together with Kalel...it meant nothing."

She laughed, "You're so full of bull shit!" She shouted at me, "You're acting like Joey did a few months ago. 'It was all an act.' 'We should be happy for them.' Well you know what I say to that? I say..."

Just as she was about to angrily express her thoughts to me, there was a knock on the front door. Both of us looked back, but didn't move to answer it. The knock sounded again, this time a shout following, "Open up, guys! We know you're in there!"

We both gasped.

"No..." I uttered.

"It can't be..." Natalie added.

"Natalie! Rachael! Let us in!" Ian called.

"We just want to talk to you guys!" Anthony remarked.

Natalie clutched tightly onto my shoulders, and whispered into my ear, "How about you go answer it while I make sure that the filling for these poptarts doesn't boil over?"

I glanced over my shoulder, "Why do I have to go get it?"

"You're the oldest?" She replied with a smile.

I rolled my eyes and peeled myself away from Natalie's hold. I slowly approached the door and grasped the doorknob. I looked back at Nat one last time before swinging the door open and seeing their easily recognizable faces.

"Hello," I greeted with a slight smile.

"Rachael! Hi," Anthony retorted, taking a step forward, leaving Ian in the hallway, "How are you?"

"Fine, why do you ask?"

His brown eyes looked directly into my blue ones, "I wanted to say how sorry I am for how things went down between us. It's just..."

"It's fine, Anthony," I cut him off, "You're back together with Kalel, right? That's what the whole fake-dating plan was, right?"

"Yeah, but..."

"So no feelings were hurt," I continued, turning around and making my way over to couch to pick up my laptop, "Is there anything else you need, Anthony? Because Natalie and I were just about to make some poptarts..."

"Um, correction," Natalie butted in, "I'm making the poptarts. You're going nowhere near them until they're done."

"Rach," Anthony declared, "Me and Ian want to apologize for..."

"WHY!?!" I shouted back, "You made the right decision picking them! So I don't see why the fuck you feel the need to say sorry to me and Nat for picking your fiance and girlfriend of six years over us, two girls who you barely knew!!! You don't understand that me and Nat were never anything more than people you know that you used to make Kalel and Melanie jealous and get back with you! There is no fucking need to apologize!" By the end of my argument, I felt like I was about to burst into tears.

The entire apartment was completely silent. I swear if a pin were to be dropped, the sound could easily be heard.

"So, Nyan Cat poptarts?" Ian changed the subject, walking over to Natalie who deliberately turned away from him to focus on the filling.

"You guys aren't making this any easier..." Anthony noted.

"Make what easier?" I replied with a scowl.

"We want you guys to still be our friends! And we haven't talked in months," Ian answered me, "You guys are amazing people and..." I crossed my arms, waiting to hear his pathetic plead, "...and we miss having you guys play video games with us or help on the Smosh set."

I laughed, "You guys don't get it. You never will. And I'm not going to try and help you understand. Because...because..." I dropped my head, "Because I don't think I'll ever see you guys in the same way again."

"What? Why?" Anthony questioned.

I shook my head, "Never mind. It's stupid."

"No, please tell me!" He insisted, taking a step closer to me.

"I think it would be easier for all of us, Anthony, if you guys just left. And never talked to us again," I told him in a hushed voice.

"Rachael..." Anthony gripped my upper arms gently.

"Natalie!" Ian exclaimed, "Please tell me you disagree with what Rach is saying. Please!"

She looked at him and shrugged, "Sorry, Ian."

He grunted, "Fine! You know, Anthony and I tried to be the better people and make amends, but clearly you two don't want anything to do with us anymore! AND THAT'S FINE BY ME!" And he stormed out of the apartment.

Anthony dropped his arms to his side and followed Ian out of the apartment, closing the door behind him.

I crossed my arms, "See? Bad things always happen to me just because I try to make things right..."

Natalie sighed as she went back to working on the filling.

Author's Note: Sorry. This chapter sucks...but the next one is hopefully going to be better. Let's just say there's going to be a wedding involved ;-) Hope you liked it! -rac06h10ael