Chapter 12: Sally

Sally's POV (Marshall's Sister)

I noticed Fionna leaving the room I left her and Marshall alone in, her previous business clothes on her body as she was tugging on her blazer and walking out to the crowd and meeting up with her friend. I thought they would've been longer than that, Marshall had been know to give girls a long time for their pleasure. 5 minutes past and he still didn't exit the room, 10, 15, 20 minutes past before I turned to Franklin, our drummer.

"Hey, how long do you think he's gonna be?" I asked.

"I dunno, Fionna already left" he answered.

"Maybe I should go check on him" I thought out loud.

"Maybe, it's not a bad idea" Franklin remarked. I got up from my chair and knocked on the door, but he didn't respond.

"Marshall?" I called through the door, he didn't answer. The knob twisted in my hand, clicking once the door was open and I entered the room. Marshall sat on the couch with a blank expression and a blank look in his eyes.

"Marshall, are you okay?" I asked closing the door behind me.

"I'm not in the mood for your snarky comebacks, Sally" he muttered.

"Yo, what's wrong? What happened?" I asked sitting next to him.

"Like you care" he muttered.

"Hey, I do care, you're like a brother to me" I snapped.

"I am your brother" he pointed out.

"Yeah, whatever same dif, now tell me what's up. Does it have something to do with Fionna?" I pushed.

"A little...I just-" he sighed "...I just really like her" he confessed.

"I know, you wrote that song about her, didn't you?" I was referring to the song he performed with her, I think he named it "pretty face".

"What makes you think that?" He challenged with a raised eyebrow.

"'You said you would only spend the night with me, but I'm the one on my hands and knees for you', 'yeah, you've got a pretty face, and I don't wanna see it run away', 'You mean more to me than a silly one night stand'. Marshall, there are a thousand things from that song you could relate to her" I told him.

"Doesn't matter, I don't think she feels quite the same"

"Why did she leave?"

"We have work tomorrow and her friend called for her" he answered glumly.

"Do you miss her?"

"Yeah" he breathed.

"Already? She's been gone 20 minutes" I pointed out. "Is it that bad?"

He nodded. "She's something special" he assured me.

"I can tell, and I can also tell she does like you...a lot" I told him.

"I know she likes me, or else she wouldn't go on a date with me...right?" He asked. He sounded like he was about to go insane over thinking about this girl.

"Right" I confirmed.

"I guess...I guess I just want to mean enough to her that she would forget about work the next day, forget about her friend, and forget about our stupid boss" the way he spoke was almost jealous when he mentioned the boss part.

"Is there something between her and your stupid boss?"

"Not really, she likes him, but I dunno any more"