Chapter 15: "I am Yours"

I woke up to the sound of a phone going off, and I knew it wasn't mine because I always left it on vibrate. The strange thing was, I could feel it vibrating against the bottom of my thigh through something soft. My eyes wouldn't open, I was too tired to care at the moment when the sound stopped and the vibrating stopped along with the entire presence of the phone.

"Hello?" I heard Marshall's voice right behind me.

"Where are you?" Said a frantic/pissed off sounding woman.

"Relax, Sally, I'm at Fionna's place" he tried to pacify her.

"Why?" Sally asked.

"You left me alone and she wanted me over" he answered.

"Oh, did you guys..."

"No, I didn't think she would be up for it"

"Well you said she wanted you over there, any progress?" She pressed on.

"I dunno, I think so"

"Hmm, I'm guessing you guys don't have work today" she assumed.

"Yeah, no work on Sundays"he confirmed.

"Awesome, so what are you gonna do with her?"

"I dunno, but I'll think of something"

"You better bring out your romantic side if you want this girl to fall in love with you, I know you have one"

He chuckled "I know, it's gonna be a challenge"

"Anyways, I need to go. Please be home by tonight" she begged.

"Alright, I'll be back before the clock hits midnight" he promised.

"Okay, bye, and good luck"

"Bye" he hung up and wrapped his arms around my waist, attempting to wake me up with soft kisses on my neck. My eyes finally opened as I was still trying to process everything I had heard just now. Sunlight streamed in to my room, casting an orangish glow to my room as I turned over and found myself face to face with Marshall. He had a subtle smirk on his face as he examined me while I blinked to wake myself up completely.

"Hey" he breathed.

"Hey" I smiled and pecked him on the lips.

"No work today, shall I get a tissue to dry your disappointed tears?" He teased.

"I'm alright, my pillow soaked them up last night" I continued the joke.

"Then we better change your pillow" he said. I sat up in my large bed and stretched with a yawn to greet the morning.

"It definitely snowed outside" I mumbled looking out the window to see at least a foot of snow blanketed outside. "You wanna stay inside today?" I asked.

"Sure, but only if you want me to" he replied with a smile.

"Of course I want you to, I'm not going to make you walk all the way back out in the cold. You might get sick" I pointed out.

He chuckled "I'm a grown man, I'm pretty sure I can walk through some snow"

"And I'm a grown woman, I'm pretty sure I can worry about you if I want to" I responded.

"I worry about you, but you don't see me acting like your father" he said playfully.

"You worry about me?" I asked.

"Of course I do" he took my hand in his again, making my heart race. "I worry about how you're feeling, where you're going, what you're doing...the list goes on" he listed. I was blushing bad, I could tell. He didn't even have to chuckle, all he had to do was hold my hand. I looked in to those dark piercing eyes of his and nearly melted where I sat like a 14 year old fangirl. Just as I was working up the courage to lean in his phone went off again and he looked down to pull it out of his pocket.