First Class : Chapter 2

"Kate...Kate.... KATHERINE WAKE UP!" Becca yelled shaking me violently.

"Huh?! What?!" I yell sitting up straight.

"Come on, We have to get ready for school!" She giggled.

    I yawned stretching my arms, and scratching my head. I swung my feet over my bed, and let my feet slowly touch the floor. I put all my weight on my feet, and stood up. I tettered over to the bathroom, and picked up my blue tooth brush. I squirted some of the minty green toothpaste on it and started to clean my teeth. Once I was done with that I took out my hairbrush, and began to comb through my knotted hair. I then flipped my hair upside down, and put it up into a tight high ponytail. I walked back to my room, and searched through my closet for my school uniform. I started attending Gotham Academy again. It wasn't the best thing I've done. Britney still attends at the academy. She doesn't push me around as much. But the people from her little cult always try to push me to my breaking point. Ever since...Damian's death. I've become a completely different person. I'm the quietest person, probably in the entire school. I've completely given up on standing up for myself. I just let everything happen. Rebecca is by far the only person I really the only person my age I talk to. I've lost contact with everyone at Wayne manor, because I cut myself off from then. Tim, Jason, Dick, and Shae have all tried to call me multiple times, but I never answered.

   I sighed and made my way down the stairs. I saw Becca with her bag, standing at the front door with a huge smile spread across her face. I gave a small smile back and hurried into the kitchen to pick up a granola bar before following Becca out the door, with my backpack. I felt the cold air hit me like a brick. I walked down the driveway, to our bus stop. Soon the bus came around the corner, and came to a squeaking stop right in front of us. I stepped on after Becca, and sat in on open seat next to her. I fiddled with my skirt trying to pull it over my legs as much as possible. The bus made another stop, causing my to fly forward a bit. The bus doors slowly opened, and on came Britney. She flipped her perfectly curled brown hair to the side, as she smiled to everyone else on the bus. Until she came to me. She bent down and whispered something in my ear.

"If you even try to talk to him, I guess I'll just kill him again...your choice!" She smiled evilly at me before continuing to walk to the back of the bus that contained some of the most popular people.

"What was that all about?" Becca leaned over to me and sounded in my ear.

"Oh nothing.. Just nothing" I sighed looking down.

"Come on! What did she say!" She basically yelled.

"Nothing" I said in a annoyed tone.

"There has to be something wrong! Is it about...you know who?" She barely whispered.

A small tear formed in my eye, but I quickly wiped away, so no one would notice."Look..It's nothing..really! I can handle myself!" I blurted out.

Becca backed up slightly, and nodded in understanding. "Ok" She beamed.

    I sighed and leaned back in my seat, closing my eyes. Gosh..It felt like just yesterday, when I ran away from everyone. I still feel like my heart was ripped out of me, and stomped on. Every Once and awhile I decided to visit his grave...mostly just to talk about things I've been experiencing. Not everything I experience is good either. I just want to see his face again. I want to be able to feel his touch again. But I guess in a way I will be able to see him again. The bus came to a sudden stop, kicking me out of my thoughts.

"We're here!" The bus lady crowed.

    Everyone stood up in unison waiting for the bus doors to open. And when they did, everyone came rushing out. Me and Becca were usually the last ones off the bus anyways. What's the point of trying to get off the bus first anyway? I dragged my feet off the bus and stood right beside Becca.

"Oh look who decided to crawl out of there cave!" Isabella, Britney's closet friend taunted.

I just gave her a saddened look, and kept walking.

"We didn't say you could keep walking!" Another one of Britney's friends chirped, pushing me to the ground.

"Guys leave her alone! Stop being jerks!" Becca defended, helping me up off the ground.

"Pff! Whatever!" Isabella scoffed flipping her dark hair.

"There all such butts!" Becca complained walking me to my locker.

"It's okay...I'm fine." I tried to reassure her.

"But Kate! This is not okay!" Becca yelled. "They've been doing this ever since you started coming here again!"

I just stopped trying to reason with her from there.

"What happened to you Kate! The adventurous, daring, loving, confident, give 0 shits, Kate go!" Her voice got quieter."What happened to Catgirl...?"

"Catgirl is gone! And She's never coming back! To many people got hurt, and loved ones were lost!" I almost shout.

"But that's not your fault. Everything happens for a reason!" She tried to convinced.

"If I had just stayed dead, everyone would be less miserable!" I yell loud enough for a lot of people to hear.

    A lot of people had shocked expressions on their faces.no one has ever heard me yell like that ever. I gathered up my thing, and brushed past Becca, to my first class.