This Is Your Life: Chapter 8

Damian's POV

    I continued to run. I ran as fast as I could to get away from Britney. She can't force me to love her. I will NEVER love her the way she thinks I will. My heart lies with Kyle.

    After a while of running in the same direction, I reached a subdivision. I slowed down to a walk and strode down the sidewalk. I had a sort of sense that she was here. She has to be here.

    I continued walking until I heard a faint noise, from my right. My head snapped to the direction it was coming from. I walked closer to the noise, and I found out that it was music. It was sad music, music about breakups. I thought I heard a bit of Taylor Swift...

    I walked towards the house that it had been coming from, not stalker-like, just trying to inspect. I noticed a lit window. The window had been opened and there was a figure sitting on the windowsill. It was a girl, she had long blonde hair that was flowing in the wind... just like Kyle's I thought.

"Kyle?", I whisper yelled.

"AH!", She let out a small squeal and fell backwards. This was definitely Kyle. I would recognize that squeal from a mile away.

I saw her head suddenly pop out from her window, her blonde hair messed up a bit, probably from falling.

"H-how did you find me?" she stammered.

"I could seriously hear the Taylor Swift Music all the way down the street!" I almost laughed.

    Her face turned a deep shade of red and she covered her face in embarrassment. She stood up fully, and looked at me. We just stood there staring at each other. Trying to read what we were thinking. I finally tried to speak up.

"What did I do?" I asked desperately holding my arms out.

"Nothing..." She almost whispered.

"Then why have you been avoiding me?"

"I don't have a choice!" She yelled.

"Why! This is your life!" I shouted back.

"Well apparently this was never my life, I could never be friends with people that I wanted to be friends with, I can't date people that I want to date! You see ever since I've been 8, my life has basically been controlled by other people." She snapped.

" I can help, you just need to let me."

"Go." She simply said, shutting her window.

    I stood there in shock, waiting for something better than this to happen. But there was really nothing good to come.

"No Kate!" I yelled holding my arm out.

    The last thing I saw Kate do was give me a small wave, with a sad smile upon her face. She then walked away from the window and turned the lights off. I stood on the rough sidewalk, motionless. I was staring up athouse, not moving a muscle. Who was making her do this. I have a creeping suspicion that is it Britney, but I don't have any evidence that states it is. But I'll find out sooner or later. She's a bad liar so this will be quite easy. Should I knock on the door? I thought about it for a bit, then came to a conclusion. If she didn't want to be bothered, I wouldn't bother her. I turned around and started walking slowly, towards the manor. Deep in thoughts I didn't realize that I was being followed.

"Who ever you are, I would advise you go elsewhere, if you know what's best for you." I scoffed.

"You really want to go there little boy?" I felt his hot breath on the back of my neck, immediately sending shivers down my spine.

    I swung my fist around as hard as I could, hoping that I could make contact with this idiot's face. My fist made contact with the side of his head, sending him down to the ground, knocked out cold. He laid there on the ground motionless. I watched the slow rise of his chest. I raised an eyebrow, and shoved my hands into my pockets. I turned around and continued walking home.