The Night: Chapter 3

It was the end of another rough day. I had to once again go on that horror track we call a bus. Becca wouldn't stop asking me what Britney said to me, and why. In return I keep ignoring her, or I say that it's nothing important. But today is a very important day. Tonight is the night Damian will be resurrected. But I knew Britney would do something to mess up our deal. I swear to god if she erases his memory, as she did to me. I will literally punch her pretty little face in! Becca and I exited off the bus and walked up to her door step. She stopped me at the front door and turned in my direction to look at me.

"Kate..What's wrong? You can tell me." She almost whispered. She looked into my eyes, her dark brown eyes, basically piercing into my soul.

"It's really nothing!" I almost yell, turning away, breaking eye contact.

I quickly grab the door handle and open the door. I kick off my shoes, and basically run up to my room, shutting and locking the door. I sat against the door while Becca came up to the door and tried to reason with me. But I just tuned it all out. I heard the faint buzz of my phone from my back pack. Out of curiosity, I opened it up and looked at my phone. An unknown number?

Unknown: Meet me in the same alleyway at 9:00 sharp.

The message read. I guess it was probably Britney. I rolled my eyes and threw my phone onto my bed. I dragged my Backpack up to my desk, and sat in my cushion office chair. I pulled out my Huge science book and started to do my homework.

~~--Time Skip--~~

8:49... I looked at my phone. I put on my black leggings with a oversized red sweat shirt. I put on some black socks, along with my black combat boots. I pulled up my straight blonde hair up into a high ponytail.I slowly opened up my window trying not to make a sound. I carefully slipped out, and jumped from the rooftop to the ground. I left the neighborhood unseen and made my way to the alleyway that I had last seen Britney in. I turned a corner, and was basically blinded with a bright green light. I let my eyes adjust for a few seconds before I could further inspect the area.

There was a giant pool with a shining green liquid in it. 'Must have got it from a lazarus pit...' I thought to myself. There was a crane holding a human figure. The human figure I assumed was Damian. His body was stiff, and wrapped in a bunch of bandages..like a mummy.

"Well look who decided to show up!" Britney cheered.

I raised an eyebrow, and took a step away from her.

"So glad you could make it to his resurrection!!" She flung her arms up in excitement.

"Can we get on with this?" I complained, crossing my arms.

"Of of course!!" She snapped her fingers, and the crane slowly moved Damina into the lazarus pit.

Once he was fully in the water, all was quiet. Britney and I inched our way over to the pit and looked down. The bright green water began to bubble. Damian all of a sudden burst to life. He jumped up out of the pit screaming. Britney grinned ear-to-ear when she saw him, when I just cowered back in fear.

"Welcome back my love!" Britney threw herself into the pit hugging him, where Damian just stood there breathing heavily.

He frantically looked around, inspecting his surroundings. Then his eyes fixed on me. His breathing slowed and we didn't break eye contact.

"K-Kyle" He smiled.

I smiled, and was about to say something back but Britney looked over to me and shook her head.

My smile faded, and I started to back away. "Kyle?" He sounded worried.

I turned around and started to run the other direction, hearing Damian's voice echo through the alley. "Kate!!" was the last thing I heard of him.

Tears waddled up into my eyes as I kept running...to home. I ran up to the gates of the manor and stared at it. I felt the smooth coating of the tall gates surrounding the manor. Debating If I should go in, ask for help...I reached my hand over to the voice monitor. But something stopped me. My hand slowly came back down to my side.

"No..." I whispered. I turned around and started to run back to Becca's house, or my so called home.

I came in through the window, and pulled off my boots. I flopped down onto my bed and shoved my face into my many pillows. Silently sobbing myself to sleep. Fearing what would happen the next day.