The sign that didn't belong

I do not own Teen Wolf.

-Chapter One-

The day after we got there I spent the day unpacking and roaming around my house. It was bigger than what I had expected it to be and it was beautiful. It was in a town with many of houses around it but it was very peaceful and delicate. I had seen some of the neighbors and they all looked much to young to be in my grade, but they were all very friendly and the girls all seemed to take a liking to my brothers. Any where that we ever went my brothers were always the center of attention, the friends that I did have back home all thought they were so hot.

I was so stressed about going to school tomorrow and I just wanted to get my mind off of everything. I told myself to go for a run but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I sat up but just ended up laying back down on my bed, looking around my room. It was still a bit cluttered and unorganized but eventually I would get to putting things where I wanted them. I sat up again when my door flew open and rolled my eyes when I saw it was Cooper. My brother that was in the same grade as me and he was still taller than me, which most people were. His short brown hair flicked a little bit as he leaned up against the door frame and his dark eyes stared at me.

"What?" I asked.

"Wanna go for a run?" he asked as if I was suppose to know that's why he was here.

I sighed but I did want to, I guess now I had to go, "Sure, be down in a second."

He shut my door and I heard him walk down the hall to his room, I rushed towards my closet and tore the sweatpants off and replaced them with my running shorts. I traded my bra for a sports bra and pulled on a shirt that had my old school's mascot on it. I slid on some socks and my Nike running shoes before grabbing my phone and ear buds. I opened the door at the same time Cooper did and we both trotted down the stairs. Thinking about it,  Cooper was probably the brother that I was closest with I mean don't get me wrong I loved all of my brothers but Cooper and I were pretty much best friends.

"Are you bringing water?" he asked me.

"I wasn't going to." I said, walking into the kitchen.

"Well one of us probably should, I kind of wanted to go for a long run." he said pretty politely.

"That's fine," I shrugged, "I'll bring some."

I opened the fridge and grabbed a bottle of water and Cooper told mom and dad that we were going for a walk by leaving a note on the counter. We went out onto the small front porch and stretched a little bit and set up our music that we intended on listening to. For some reason I put on Eminem's cd, and shoved both ear buds into my ears. Cooper looked at me with an 'Are you ready?' look to which I responded to with a nod.

Eminem's voice echoed through my whole body as I ran along side my brother down the side walk, we started off pretty slow and gradually got faster. We had been running for a good fifteen minutes when he nudged me and gestured to a trail that led into the woods. I nodded and followed him into the gloomy looking forest. Suddenly it was like my music had shut off because I had tuned the lyrics out and I was more focused on what was going on around me.

I looked up and saw a squirrel scurry along a branch and a couple of leaves blow across the trail in front of me. We began to slow down and I could tell that he was panting just as much as I was, and soon enough we were at a stop. I opened the water and took a couple of gulps before handing it to him. I held my hands above my head to reduce the cramps and took several deep breaths. After a while we both just stood there breathing heavily and looking around.

"Do you want to start making our way back?" he asked.

"Sure." I sighed.

I put my ear buds back in and the music blared into my ears, shaking my body it was so loud. I rolled my ankles as I began to catch my breath some more and then we both turned around and began running again. I didn't realize how far into the woods we had gotten, but it was taking forever to get back to the town. At one point I actually felt like we had veered off and somehow went the wrong way because this was taking so much longer than it did coming in here. Cooper and I continued to run and I felt my legs begin to feel like jello.