Chapter 1

Authors Message: Hey my lovely readers! Long time no see! I know I have not posted a new story in so, so long. But that is going to change starting now. And guess what? I graduate in 12 days! Then off to college I go *cries* I know, Adult hood is going to suck. But I am glad to start this new story for you guys. I hope you'll love it. Don't forget to vote/comment/share! Enjoy!

Drake's POV

Have you ever heard of the saying, "The things you do now, affects your future"? Exactly what I live by. But, I always seem to make the wrong choices.

Mistakes.

I have plenty. There is not enough air to tell you how many mistakes I have made. The wrong choices. The bad decisions. All there is in life if bad choices. Mainly; life is fucked up. That's what I'm trying to get at. Life is a piece of shit. There is so much bullshit it's crazy.

My name is Drake Hughes. My life consist of fucked up shit, bad choices, and mistakes. My life is completely screwed up. But that is what makes me, me.

"Drake, you're zoning out again," My therapist pointed out, snapping her fingers.

"Sorry," I mumbled, turning my head back to the windows over looking the busy city of Chicago.

"Drake, you have to open up to me and talk one day. You're going to be back how you were if you don't open up," She stated as I continued to look out the window.

Opening up and talking is not my thing. But my parents insist I talk to someone.
"Why don't you tell me about that boy?" The therapist asked, making me look over at her with so much burden and sorrow. "How do you know about that?" I asked her, clinching my fist.

She sighed and said, "Your parents told me about this boy that you fell in love with, but he ended up hurting you. Tell me about him."

I tried my best to hold back the tears and shook my head.

"They lied to you, there is no boy." I said and turned my head back to the window. You see, my parents didn't lie. I did. There was a boy. Key word, 'was'. He is the one who fucked my life up to the max. He is to blame for all of this. He is a piece of shit that deserves to rot in hell.

"Drake," My therapist spoke up. I looked over at her, raising an eyebrow. "You know, not talking will hurt more then actually talking." I just rolled my eyes at her and looked back out the window. My mind started to drift off as I looked over the city.

Love.

How can you fall in love so easily, yet when you try to fall out of love, it takes forever?

That is something I could possibly never understand. The way two people love each other seems like the greatest thing in the world. But in all reality, it's the most dangerous thing in the world. Your heart shatters, you begin to think horrific thoughts, and you become so hurt that you think so low of yourself. How can falling in love with someone be the greatest thing? The ones that are still in 'love' are lucky. They are risking everything just to love someone.

Love is dangerous.

"Drake, time is up." Said my therapist. I turned to her and nodded. "I'll see you next week at the same time," She said as she waved me off.

I walked out of her office and made my way to the elevators. As the doors opened, I stepped in and stood in the corner nervously. I honestly wish I didn't have a therapist. I hate talking. i hate when someone tries to make me talk about things.

It pisses me off that they act like they care but in reality they don't. It's utterly stupid and total bullshit. I hate therapist. I hate people. I hate everything.

The elevator dinged signaling that someone is getting on. I looked at the ground nervously so i wouldn't make eye contact. i started to get anxious for some reason. The way I am feeling right now is quite unexplainable. I have never felt this way before. Not for a very long time, I suppose.

"Cancel my meetings today," he said out loud. Finally making me look up. My eyes widen in complete shock. This guy looks like a Greek god. The way his black hair is spiked up, the way his suit clings to his body is breathtaking He looks like he was made by a god.

As I looked up his body, his eyes caught mine.

Shit!

Why the hell was I looking?! Now he's going to hurt me for looking! God, why am I so stupid?

"I don't think you're stupid," He said, making me look up.

Did I say that out loud or can he magically read my mind?

"I don't mind if you look," He insisted. I raised an eyebrow in confusion. "I was looking at you too, to be quite honest." Looking at me? Why would anyone look at me unless they are judging me.

"The only reason someone looks at me is when they judge me. So do not look at me," i said aggressively. What has gotten into me? I have never stood up for myself. So why now?

"I'm not judging you...Sorry I never got your name." I chuckled and shook my head.

"Everyone judges me." I stopped before saying, "And I never gave it to you." He smiled. Butterflies began to form. "I'm not everyone. I am my own person," He stated, still smiling. I rolled my eyes.

"Drake," I said and stepped out of the elevator as the doors opened.

"What?" He shouted as he ran after me. I turned and faced him before saying, "My name is Drake." he looked at me and nodded.

"Call me Resse."

I nodded and turned around, walking through the lobby that led out onto the busy sidewalks.

"Drake! Wait!" Resse called after me again. I sighed and turned around.

"I was wondering if you would like to get some coffee?" He asked as he scratched the back of his nervously.

I wanted to say yes so badly, but I ended up saying, "No". I turned around and walked away, leaving Resse in the dark.

What is happening to my life?