Chapter 6

Authors message: Hi my beautiful love bugs! I am glad for another update. I hope you enjoy. Xoxo

Drake's POV

As the elevator doors opened I was greeted by an angry looking Morgan. I expected she knew that I lied to her about where I was going. I mean, the girl is brilliant. She knows when you lie to her and she according to her, she knows everything.

"Where the hell were you?" She whispered violently, making me scratch the back of my head. I can't tell her where I was. I can't risk anything. What if Morgan goes and talks? The word will go out and I could be putting Tyler at risk. If Tyler was so called framed for murder, then obviously the person may be still out there to get him. So it's best to keep his safety.

"Like I told you, I went out for lunch. I even brought back my boss some. So if you excuse me-" I try saying and walking pass Morgan but that was not going to happen. She grabbed onto my arm with a strong grip and whispered into my ear, "I'll be waiting for you to tell me the truth." Before walking into the elevator.

Sometimes, Morgan scares the hell out of me. She has a temper that's for sure, but she's still my only friend basically. I don't want to ruin that.

I knocked on Leah's door and waved the bag that withhold her salad in it. She smiled brightly in return. I walked over and handed her her salad. She looks at me and sighs.

"Your lunch ended an hour ago, Drake. What took you so long?" Leah asked me, with suspicion.

"Traffic is bad. I went across town to the diner I ate at with Reese." I lied, hoping she would believe me.

She nodded. "Make sure you stay close next time, I need you here, Drake. I don't need you running late."

I nodded in return. "It won't happen again." I apologised before walking back to my office.

Once I got into my office, I shut the door and began to play the recorded audio that I have of Tyler and I's conversation. I can't help but think about the guys in black mask. It sounds just like what happened to my mother when I was younger. Could the same people killed Tyler's butler, also known as his father, and my mother? There has to be a connection somehow. Defiantly with the gun and his parents not home. No one knew the combination to the gun box except for Tyler's dad. Could his parents be in on this also?

It's a possibility that's for sure. I need to get close to his parents and talk to them somehow. Get close enough so I can see the gun box. Maybe look through some things. But how?? That's the question that's got me curious. How am I going to get inside the house and into his fathers office to find any sign of evidence?

There was a knock on my door interrupting me from my thoughts. I turned off the recording and shouted, "come in."

The door opens revealing Reese with an angry look on his face. He turned around, shutting my door before turning back to me.

"Are you ok?" I asked him, scared out of my fucking mind. I got up nervously and walked over to him.

"I know where you were Drake. What gets me is that you never said a word and you could have been killed going in there alone." He looked at me in anger. For some odd reason, I hate having him mad at me. It makes me queasy. The feeling, the thought of him being so angry with me hurts.

"I'm sorry, Reese. Just please don't say a word. Please." I begged him. He shook his head.

"You better give me hell of a good reason for why you risked your life for." He demanded.

So I did. I gave him the reason why I went to see Tyler. Let him listen to the recording and told him what I had so far.

He shook his head and sighed. "Drake, it's good that you have your own intentions and feelings but you could have got hurt or risked the boys life. I could have you fired for this, but I won't. Because what you just showed me is a good start for proving his innocence."

Relief.

That's what exactly I am feeling right about now. Relief that I am not going to get fired. Relief that he believes in the same thing I do. It feels great.

"But there is one thing you have to do." Reese said, crossing his right leg over his right.

"What is it?" I asked curiously. He opened up the door, and turned to me before saying, "Let's go talk to Leah. She deserves to know this information. It's her client, not yours." I nodded and followed behind Reese after grabbing Tyler's file.

As we walked into Leah's office, she looked at us curiously. Wondering why we are both in here, I suppose.

"Drake here lied to you where he was for lunch. He went to go see Tyler Stevens. The one in jail for killing his butler." Reese told Leah, making me gulp nervously. She looked over at me in anger.

"Is this true, Drake?" She asked, holding back her anger.

I nodded and said, "Yes, it's true. I apologise. But I couldn't stop thinking about it. I don't think he killed his butler. He was set up. The butler was his biological father. I'm going to request a DNA test to prove it. But the birth certificate for Tyler is long gone. That's why if I get inside the house and into his dad's office I could see for any evidence. But I do not know how to do that yet. But I did record the conversation between Tyler and I, today." I handed her the recording so she could listen to it. She pressed play and began to listen.

I felt Reese's eyes on me, making me look over at him. He gave me a little nod and smile before waiting for Leah to talk. I can tell he is still angry with me. And that hurts. I don't know why it hurts so much, but it does. I don't quite understand that.

The recording ended and she looked up at us and sighed. "This is good, Drake. But never do this again without telling one of us. It's for your own good. You could have risked everything, today." She told me. I nodded. "I understand, Leah."

She nods and says, "You'll help me with this case. But we do not have enough evidence for a search warrant on the house. The judge will not approve that." 

If the judge won't approve the search warrant, then there's only two ways we could get inside. One, break in. But risk going to jail if I get caught. Two, fake an identity for the night and have a business meeting over dinner with Tyler's parents.

"I know how to get inside but I'll need your guys help," I said, looking at the both of them.

"What's your idea?" Reese asked.

"I fake my identity for the night, pretend to be a business man and have a meeting over dinner with his parents. But I'll need Reese's help to be my pretend husband so he can distract them when I sneak into his office." I said nervously.

Reese looked at me with wide eyes. "Fake husband?"

"Then get started. We need evidence As soon as possible." Leah said.

I couldn't help but feel Reese's eyes on me, burning through my soul. Somewhat of me thinks he wants to be my real husband instead. But that could just be me overthinking things right?