Chapter 10

Author's message: Hi my lovelies! I really hope you enjoy this new chapter! Let me know in the comment section what you think? Also, don't forget to give it a like! Talk to you soon! Xoxo

Drake's POV

I look at the funeral home where my mother had her funeral, shaking nervously. I never thought I would see this place again. The memories of this funeral home, start rushing back in.

" My foster family walks me up the steps into the funeral home, all I couldn't even feel anything. Nothing at all. It's surprising after what I seen. My mother being shot, and me being taken away. I can't even remember anything after that. Now I am with a family whom I've only known for two days and they already adopted me. I don't even know them, and they just assume that I am their child.

"Write your name down, sweetie." My adopted mother says, with her arm wrapped around me. I begin to write 'Drake V-" But my adopted father grips my shoulder and whispers, "Your last name is Coleman, it says so on your birth certificate." I gulped, writing down Coleman for my last name. I guess this is where everything changes.

All these people in this funeral home, I don't even know. I can't recognize any of their faces. I can swear that no one hear looks familiar, I never have seen them before. Then I see him, his face is clear as day. "D-"

"Can I help you?" An older, masculine voice made me jump out of daze. I turned around and faced an older man, maybe in his late 70's.

"H-Hi, do you own this funeral home?" I asked him.

He nods and says, "I did before some scum stole it from right beneath me. Now it's just abandoned. I can't even get in. Haven't been able to for about ten, fifteen years now. Everything is still in there. All my belongings." He looks over to the funeral home. "Stupid rich bastard too my family's fortune. This funeral  home was built by my great grandfather's own bare hands, and he wants to come steal it from me?!"

"Was you the guy who ran the funeral on, December 10, 2008?" I asked curiously.

He looked over at me with wide eyes. "There was no funeral that day. Sorry, I have to go now." He shouts at me and walks off fast, before I could even say anything.

That was weird? He obviously knows something. I couldn't help but wonder if The Stevens threatened him to not say  a word?

I look around me and decided to go around back, trying to find a way in. If everything is still inside this funeral home, then my others death record could possibly be here. But if it is not, then back to square one all over again.

Once I walk around back and reach the back door, I noticed something unparticular. The door is bolted shut by a numbered lock. If Mr. Stevens did buy this place, then he must have put this lock on this door. And if it is the same key to his safe, I will most defiantly be able to get in.

I start to put in numbers, that I could think of. It's not his wife's birthdate, nor his. Nor Tyler's. What else could it even be? What is more important to him then anything? I decided to try my mothers birthdate, just to give it a try. Next thing you know the door unlocks and I stand there stunned.

Why in the living hell is Mr. Stevens lock code, my mothers birthdate? Could him and my mother have known each other?

I hurried up and rushed in, shutting the door behind me so no one would expect a thing. the floors begin to creek as I take each step. The smell hits my nose instantly, making me gag. This place smells like rotten flesh. I put a hand over my nose, looking around the funeral home.

I enter the room where my mothers funeral was held and my eyes begin to water. If only she was still here, things would be so much different then how they are now. Nothing would have happened, and I wouldn't be in the place where I am now.

I opened the door, off from the room where they hold the funerals and an office full of shelves and safes appear in front of my eyes. My eyes widen and I instantly start to rumble through the reports. I look on the shelf under 2008 and find my mothers death date. I pull out a folder and find my mothers picture, making me smile so bright.

If Mr. Stevens tried to cover this up, he obviously didn't do it well enough. I mean come on, he could have took all these files out and burned them. Or particularly, my mothers. I begin to scatter her file across the desk, taking photos of each file, making sure to not leave out anything. Her autopsy report, her images of her autopsy, and of course her death certificate. The images of the autopsy report instantly makes me sick to my stomach.

I close my eyes and take a deep breath.

"You got this Drake," I tell myself. I open my eyes and look at her death certificate. But something is off. Her last name is Vanderwal and it shows that she died of suicide. the same day of the funeral. But she didn't have the funeral until two or three days after.

I put the file in my backpack and zip it up, throwing it over my shoulder. I take another last look on the shelf and find another file on the same days as my mothers funeral.

The name makes me stop breathing.

Drake Stevens