Chapter 3

Authors message: I am so sorry for the late update! But good news, I had a job interview today! Let's hope I get the job!! Because well, I'm poor and I need money. Anywho! Enjoy the update lovelies!

Drake's PoV

"Hi," I mumbled before looking down nervously.
Why didn't Morgan tell me this was her boss?! Basically my boss to if I may add. He's a boss of my boss! The boss of my friend also! What the hell is this?!
"Drake, right?" Mr. Grayson asked.
I looked up at him and nodded.
"Wait you two know each other?" Asked Morgan. She looked over at me and her eyes widen.
"Oh!" She says extremely loud before saying, "oh Jesus," and scratches the back of her head nervously.
Yeah, now the poor woman gets it.
Mr. Grayson looks at me before coughing nervously and saying, "Well Morgan once you are done here I need you. Immediately" before walking out of the office.
"Does anyone want to catch me up on what all of that was about or am I just going to have to do some detective work?" My new boss Leah asked me.
I shook my head no, biting my lip nervously.
I heard Morgan groan beside me, making me look over at her.
"Don't lie to your boss," she says before looking at Leah and saying, "Drake turned down Reese."
Jesus Christ, woman. Why does Morgan insist on making my life hell in every single way possible. I groaned before looking away in shame.
"Oh well," Leah says before taking a seat at her desk. "You may go now Morgan while I associate with my new assistant."
Morgan leaves the office, shutting the door behind her.
I look over at Leah and she is smiling at me with a big smirk on her face. I raised an eyebrow in confusion.
"What is it?" I asked her.
She laughs and says, "You are the first person to ever turn down Reese."
That can't be true. There has to be someone other then me that has turned down the most gorgeous man that I ever laid eyes on. Even tho he is gorgeous as fuck. And his voice is hot as hell. I can't be the only one that has turned him down.
"It was just for coffee. He can ask anyone for coffee," I shrugged like it was nothing.
"Drake, anyone would die to get the chance with Mr. Grayson for coffee. He is very popular around here. I am surprised you have never heard of him. Considering you come to this building every week." Leah stated before getting up and tossing me a file.
"Wait, did Morgan tell you I come here every week?" I asked Leah in horror.
Leah shook her head. "Morgan didn't tell me what for. Besides that is none of my concern. My concern is you completing your task for me."
I nodded and looked at the file in front of me.
"What are these?" I asked as I looked back up at Leah.
"Those are files of clients that are on my wait list. I want you to review them for me and tell me what you think. And who should I fight for." She responded before walking over to her door opening it.
"Has Morgan showed you your desk?" I shook my head no.
"Follow me," she demands. I got up and followed her out of her office and across the hall to where a little office is placed that showed on the door my name and that I'm Leah's assistant.
I looked at Leah in shock. "I get my own office?" I asked her. She laughs and nods.
"Part of being my assistant, you get to have your own office. You can decorate it how ever you please. But you'll be getting a lot of files from me and work to do. So you'll be in this office most of the time working on things for me. Show me what you got and how good you do then ill consider taking you in a court room with me." Leah smiles and walks away. I smile as I open up the door to my office. A desk is sat in the middle of the room along with a computer as well. My eyes widen at the view that is out of my window. I can't believe I have a little view of the city. That's amazing.
I sat down and started looking at the files that Leah gave me. One was a couple that we're getting a divorce because the husband cheated. The second one was a murder. Third was a law suit against a huge shipping company. And lastly the next file was rights as an American.
So this is what people use attorneys for? This is unbelievable.
For some reason the murder case seemed interesting enough to me. Leah should defiantly go with that one. According to this file a butler was shot dead in the home he worked for. And supposedly the owners of the home were out at dinner. The person that was charged for the murder is the son whom was the only one home at the time. Which is who is in need of an attorney. I for sure think that Leah should do this case. Something just sounds off about it if you ask me.
There was a knock on my door interrupting me from my thoughts. I looked up and of course there stood Reese.
"Yes?" I asked him curiously.
He smiled and said, "I was hoping you wanted to go to lunch with me today. I asked Leah and she said it was perfectly fine if I borrowed you for an hour."
For some reason I wanted to to say yes. Why do I want to say yes? He's just like one of those guys I always fall for. He is not worth it.
"I'm sorry, I have to much work to do." I said and looked back down at the file.
"The work can wait. It's your lunch break and I'm not taking no for an answer. So let's go" he demanded In a dominant tone. I swallowed the huge lump in my throat, looking up nervously.
"Fine, but only this once." I said and got up, following him out of my office.
Someone save me.