Chapter 4

Authors message: HI MY BEAUTIFUL LOVE BUGS! I am glad for another chapter of my new story. Do me a favour and like/comment and or share to tell me how it is?? I would love to hear your feed back! Thanks again for being awesome! Xoxo

Drake's POV
I stood in the elevator nervously, looking down at my trembling hands. Why did I agree to this? I am a nervous wreck! I can not handle this. I can not go out with him. I'm setting myself up for disaster!
I felt his hand touch my shoulder, making me jump in fright. He looked at me with so much confusion and hurt it was unbelievable.
"I'm not going to hurt you, I promise." He told me. I wanted to laugh so badly, but couldn't. All the guys I'm with say that. Then look what happens?
"I didn't say you would," I stated.
He gave me a smirk and rolled his eyes. "You were thinking it. I can tell." How could he tell? He is not a psychic. He can't read my mind. Obviously not.
Soon as the elevator opened the door he lead me out of the building and into his all black car with tented Windows.
He looked at me as I stood on the busy sidewalk, looking at the car in fear.
"Drake, it's going to be ok. I assure you." He told me. I looked up at him and gave him a little smile and nod.
Why did I just smile? I never smile. Never. Not for a long time. Well, not a true smile anyways. What is happening to me?
As we got into the car, the drive drove off into the busy traffic of Chicago.
"Where are we going?" I asked Drake, looking over at the Greek god sitting extremely close to me.
He looked over at me and smiled. "Just a little diner that my family owns. You'll love it. Trust me." I nodded and looked back out the window.
Wait, did he say family? Am I going to meet his family? This is crazy! Let's see, if I jump out off the car while driving, I would have a fifty,fifty chance of either getting away or dying. Or when we stop I could get out and run and never look back. Which could I possibly do? But I don't want to hurt Reese though. That's a bad thing. If I bail, I would hurt him. He looks so happy to be quite honest.
"We are here," Reese said, making me extremely nervous. Damnit, why couldn't I have thought of a decision sooner?!
"Do I have to? I mean can we just go to like a hot dog cart on the street or something?" I asked nervously.
Reese chuckled and said, "There is no need to be nervous, Drake."
"Who said I was nervous?" I asked, crossing my arms.
He raised an eyebrow and said, "Because, I can tell." Before turning around and getting out of the car. He put out his hand for me to take.
"Don't take his hand, Drake. He's bad news for you. They are all the same." I said to myself.
"Do it. Not all guys are the same, Drake. Take your chances. Actually trust in someone." I said to myself again.
"Shut up," I demanded to myself.
I took a deep breath and slowly took his hand in mine, making my finger tingle for some reason.
Soon as I got out of the car, I let go of his hand. An expression of hurt was written all over his face, making me feel like utterly shit inside.
He opened the door to the diner, leading me inside to one of the booths.
The place looks like something you would see in an old fashioned movie where everyone would hangout in a diner. It's honestly beautiful.
"Oh damn. Look who's back!" A girl that came over to our table said. Reese laughed and got up, hugging her.
For some reason a wave of jealously hit me like a rock to the face. Why am I getting jealous?
"Maybe because she is super gorgeous and you're not" one of the voices in my head said. I pushed it aside and listened in on their convo.
"How are you Christy?" Reese asked sitting down, still looking up at her.
"I am great little brother. Thanks for asking." She says before stopping for a second. I could feel her eyes on me, making me extremely nervous once again. "Who's this?" She added. I looked up at her, giving her a little smile.
"Christy this is Drake. Drake, this is my big sister Christy. Also a pain in my ass." He said making me chuckle.
"Nice to meet you," I said as I put my hand out nervously for her to shake.
She smiled and shook my hand. "What can I get you cutie?" She asked, making me blush.
"Um.... Just water." I said nervously. I don't really like people buying me things. I do not like it what so ever.
"He's getting more then that. Get him what I usually get. He will like that. I'm sure of it." He told his sister. She nodded and walked away.
I looked up at him in anger.
"I don't like people buying me things. What makes you think I want something to eat?" I asked him.
He looked at me and shrugged. "Well looks like you are going to have to get used to it. Because I'll buy you things if I want to. And besides, I heard your stomach growling in the car." He said, making me blush big time.  How does he have this affect on me? It's not fair!
"Tell me about yourself," he said, making me look up at him.
"What do you want to know?" I asked.
He smiled and said, "Everything." I nodded and begin to tell him everything about me. Except for the parts about hospitals, psychologist and my past.
He smiled and said, "I love cats also. And scary movies" I smiled and looked down at the table.
Why do I keep smiling? I sigh as soon as the food sits on the table. Chicken strips and fries. Memories of my past rush in immediately.
"Drake, sweetie! Lunch is ready!"  My mom shouted. I ran down the stairs and into the kitchen.
I started to eat immediately soon as I seen it was chicken strips and fries. "Drake! Slow down! You're going to choke!" My mom shouted in annoyance. I giggled and gave her a little nod.
"Now since its your 12th birthday tomorrow, what do you wanna do?" She asked.
I was about to answer when the back door slammed open. Two guys with black masks looked at me and my mom. My moms eyes widen.
"You leave him out of this! He is only eleven!" She demanded.
"Your time is up." The one guy said, pulling out a gun and shooting her right in the stomach. I yelled for her and got down next to her, looking into her eyes.
"I love you," she says before I felt arms wrap around me, pulling me out of my house.
I gulped nervously before taking a bite of my food.
"Are you ok?" Reese asked me. I nodded and looked up at him, giving a little smile.
"Yeah, everything is good." I said before returning back to my food.
Nothing is good. It hasn't been for years.