Chapter 11

DRAKE'S POV

'Drake Stevens' the name keeps rushing through my head over and over again. I decide to open the file on a court of three.
One..
Two..
Three..
I opened to a file reviling nothing but an empty file. I raised an eyebrow in confusion. I couldn't understand the fact why they would have an empty file with the name Drake Stevens written on it.

I put the folder into my backpack and zipped it up, before heading out of the funeral home. I couldn't help but wonder what was in that file. There had to be something but someone removed the papers that were inside.

But who, is the question that I have to ask myself constantly. Who would take the files out of the folder?

Mr.Stevens.

He had to take the files from that folder. Which makes me wonder if it is locked up in his safe in his home. Another thing that keeps coming to my mind is that Mr.Stevens had a son that died on that day.

Why didn't no one know?

I walk into my office, shutting the door and taking a deep breath before turning on my laptop and pulling out the file of my mothers death certificate. 

Tears rush into my eyes instantly. I immediately shut the folder and closed my eyes.

"I can't do this," I told myself over and over in my head.

"Are you ok?" I jumped, looking up to see Reese standing in my door way. How come I never heard him?

I nodded and said, "I have to get back to work. So if you don't mind." I gestured towards the door.

There it is again. That smirk that has me going crazy on the inside.

"You can't make me leave," he shrugged and walked over sitting on the corner of my desk; crossing his right leg over his left.

I gulped and looked down at my mothers file.

The file was ripped from my view making my eyes grow wide. I look over at Reese, trying to grab it back.

"You found your mothers death certificate?" He looked over at me, raising a brow.

"Give me that back....Now" I demanded.

That came off more rudder then I expected, making guilt from inside my gut. Why do I even feel guilty? He doesn't even like me. He played me. I know what he said to Rachel.

I ripped the file from his grip, pointing towards the door. "I want you out of my office,"

He looked at me with confusion, but also with hurt.

"What-" before he could even finish his sentence I exploded.

"I SAID GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY OFFICE! NOW!!!" Next thing you knew, Rachel came rushing in along with Morgan and a couple fellow employees.

"What is going on here?" Rachel demanded.

"Nothing." Reese stood up and straightened his tie before saying, "I'm just leaving." He looked over at me one last time before storming out of my office.

You could hear whispers out in the hallways of the employees gossiping.

"Is someone going to answer my question?" Rachel asked.

"Everything is fine, Rachel. I apologize for my outburst." I said before getting scratching the back of my head. "If you'll excuse me.." I walked past Morgan and Rachel and headed towards the bathroom.

My mind was rushing a thousand miles a minute. I couldn't even think straight. I walk Into the bathroom, looking at myself in the mirror. I could help but think of myself of being pathetic. I mean look at me, I look fucking pathetic, I'm hideous. I am nothing.

"Are you going to tell me what that was about?" Morgans voice filled the bathroom.

I shrugged and turned to her.

"I don't know what to do anymore," I looked down and tears started to fall. Morgan wrapped her arms around me, cooing in my ear. "I know you been through some shit, Drake. But you can't do this to yourself. You are better then this."

"I'm not better then this Morgan! That's the thing! I've been trying so hard but I always get pulled back down and hurt over and over again, constantly! I've been fucking lied to and played all my life. I found my mother real death certificate and everything else!"

I take in a deep breath, finally being able to breathe.

"Wait hold up, you found it?" Morgan asked me in shock. I nodded and said, "I went to the funeral home where she was buried. You can't believe how much shit is in the dark. It's all so scandals and secretive."

Morgan sighed and rubbed her temples. "I also found a folder with files missing. The name on that folder is Drake Stevens,"

Morgan looked over at me instantly, eyes wide. "What?!" I nodded and took a deep breath before saying, "there is not files in that folder. I'm wondering if he had a son that no one knows about."

"I mean it's possible he did have a blood related son that died, but that still does not explain why the files were missing. That stuff is confidential." Morgan stated.

"I know! And the crazy thing is when I went to funeral home, the lock code was my mothers birthdate. That's how I got inside the funeral home. And the owner of the funeral home was talking about some rich scum that took his family's possession and sold the funeral home from right beneath him. Soon as I mention my mothers funeral date. He ran off."

She couldn't believe what I was saying. She just kept rubbing her temples. Before she was able to speak her phone begin ringing.

"I'm sorry Drake, I have to take this. Save the conversation for later?" I nodded and she left the bathroom talking on the phone.

I turned back to the mirror, taking deep breaths.
You can do this Drake. I believe in you. I said to myself constantly.

The bathroom door opened.

"That was a fast-" I stopped when I seen Reese's face. Hurt was written all over it, making me feel guilty.

He locks the door and walks over to me. "Are you going to tell me what all that drama was about in your office?" He asks me through gritted teeth.

I gulped, looking down at the floor. I felt his finger tips brush against my chin, making me look up at him.

"I-I'm sorry" I stuttered. He shook his head.

"I heard what you told Rachel about me. Every last bit." His eyes widen in hurt. Yeah, called you out didn't I?

"Drake, I only told her those things so she would get off my case." He told me. But I couldn't believe it.

"I don't believe you, Reese." He instantly pushed me against the wall, crashing his lips onto mine. I instantly gave in and kissed him back, melting against his touch.

He pulls away, looking me into the eyes.

"I can never get enough of you." He says before walking out of the bathroom leaving me stunned. I didn't know what to say or do. I was shocked, touching my lips with my index finger.

What do I do now?