Chapter 9

Authors message: I am deeply sorry that I have not been updating as much as I said I would. I've been so busy with work that I ended up quitting college. But since I have a little bit extra time, I may pursue writing?
Hope y'all enjoy and have a merry Christmas.

Chapter Nine
Drake's POV

I couldn't believe my eyes when I looked at the death records on my laptop screen. I don't understand why Mr. Stevens has death records of my mother. I thought those were confidential information? I guess  when you have money, none of that really matters.

"Drake, how are you feeling today?" My therapist asked, as I turned my attention back to her.

I just shrugged my shoulders and said, "I don't even see why I still come to these appointments. I could just stop coming and you'll be out of the money my parents give you."

She look dumbfounded and shook her head before writing down something in her notepad.

"Drake, you know you can't just stop coming to these appointments. These are mandatory my the courts and the hospital. After your last incident-"

"Don't you dare bring that up!" I cutter her off and shouted at her, tears beginning to form in my eyes. "You have no right to bring that up."

She sighed before saying, "But that's the thing Drake, I do have the right. I have all your files from previous doctors and therapist. They all stopped seeing you. I am the only one that listens and has not given up on you yet."

Files. Then the memory of my mothers death records popped up again in my mind. I closed my eyes before turning back towards the window.

I couldn't help wonder if Mr. Stevens had anything to do with my mothers death. What if my mothers death is related the butlers death? Tyler's father is the butler. But it doesn't say who is his other brother, nor his biological mother. I need that other part to that death record. Including my mothers.

I turned back to my therapist before getting up and saying, "I have to go back to work. So I'll see you next week." Before walking towards the office door, leading out into the lobby.

"Not so fast, Drake." She says before locking the door. I turned to her while clinching my fist. "You can not hold me against my will. That is against the law." I said before walking towards her.

"I know it hurts and I know you like holding everything in, but seriously Drake. You need to let everything out in order to move on. You can't do this anymore. Your past will catch up to you and you'll will end up being worse then what you were the last time you ended up in the hospital.

I shook my head before squeezing my eyes shut. "They held me against my will at the hospital... I was there for 6 and a half months before they finally released me. There is nothing wrong with me. I just wish you all will get that through your thick skull." I said before grabbing the lamp off her desk and walking back to her office door.

"Drake... I'll unlock the door under one condition." I stopped before I tried to break out. I turned back around and faced her, raising my eye brow.  "Promise me to not end up like last time"

I couldn't promise her anything based on what has happened before. But I still agreed and she sent me on my way. The last time I was sent to the hospital, it was bad. I felt like I was going insane. Literally.

I got into the elevator and went up to the law firm. I hope Reece doesn't ask to many questions about yesterday. I don't want to explain anything to him.
The doors opened and I stepped out, walking toward Rachel's office. That's when I heard Rachel and Reece talking.

"You can't let him go and figure these things out in his own Rachel. You have to be the on in charge." Reece demanded.

"What the hell you think I am doing Reece? He does things without telling me. He stormed out yesterday after you talking to him. So what did you say to the boy?"

"I didn't say shit. Don't turn this around on me. Drake was looking at something on his laptop and he had tears in his eyes. He won't talk to me so I have no clue."

"Are you in love with him, Reece?" My heart started to thump extremely hard in my chest. I just met him, he can't be in love with me. I know he is not in love with me. Nor does not have any interest in me.

"No Rachel, I do not love D-Drake. He's just your intern. Nothing else." For some reason I felt like I couldn't breathe. My chest tightened up like I was about to cry.

"Then stop asking him out for lunch and let him be my intern!" She shouted before I heard hills click on the floor.

I seen Rachel walk out of his office and towards hers. So does Reece have any interest in me? I knew he was just like the rest. I shouldn't have kissed him. Why am I so stupid?

"Drake?" I heard Morgan's voice behind me. I turned around and gave a fake smile.

"Hey, doll face. Want to go out for lunch today?" I asked. She gave me a huge smile and nodded.

"Of course! I'll see you at lunch." She says before walking into Reece's office. I walked passed not even bothering looking into his office.

I was fooled once again. Of course.

I walked into Rachel's office and smiled. "Hi Rachel! Anything you want me to work on today?" I asked her nicely. She smiled and shook her head.

"Why you so jolly this morning?" She asked and I just shrugged. She laughed and said, "I want you to still work on that case. You got some good work done, Drake. You are doing good. I want you to try to get the real death records alright? Pull some strings and get it done. I'll check on you later today." I nodded and walked out of her office and down into mine.

This won't be to hard to get the real death record will it?