Chapter 5

Authors message: I am sorry for a late update! I have been extremely busy. With publishing one of my stories on Amazon Kindle and so on. But I'm glad I have finally made time! Enjoy babies *blows kisses*

Drake's POV
I didn't want to say this, but I had the best lunch date ever with Reese. His family is quite lovely also. But I can't get in too deep with him. He'll end up hurting me just like the rest, won't he?

That is the question that always gets me. I keep wondering if he will end up hurting me. The thing is, what if he is one of the good ones? And I push him too far away?

I sat in my office, reviewing the murder case that Leah gave me. For some reason I need to go see the son of the family. I don't think he did it.  I mean it says he had blood on his hands. How could a 17 year old shoot his butler that was like a dad to him? The butler has worked in the home ever since the boy was born 17 years ago. He's been there ever since. I need to know what exactly happened. Hear the sons side of the story.

I got up, grabbing my jacket from my chair and walked to Leah's office. I seen her typing away on her laptop, looking back and forth from a file.

I knocked on the door and said, "May I take my lunch break?" I asked Leah. She looked over at me and smiled.

"Of course, Drake. But can you bring me back a salad from the café down the street?" She asked me. I nodded and walked out of the office and towards the elevator.

"Where you headed?" Morgan asked me, standing right next to me.

"I have somewhere to be. I'll see you later," I said and got in the elevator.

I grabbed the piece of paper in my pocket and looked at the name of the son.

"Tyler Stevens"

At the moment, he is in juvenile detention across town.  I can't help think about what if he did do it? I just can't get the feeling out of the pit of my stomach that says he didn't tho. What I read about him is that he made it in top of his class, popularity is outstanding, makes straight A's and lives in a beautiful home in the suburbs. His life is perfect. He couldn't have done it.

The elevator doors opened and I stepped out, rushing to catch a cab.

I got into one of the cabs parked on the curb and told them where I was headed. Thank god that I have some money to get there and back. Or I would be walking.

I pulled out my phone from my pocket, realising I had messages from Morgan.
"I know you was lying to me Drake."
"I expect answers. Where are you going?"
"Don't ignore me either, I'll find wherever you are going and beat your ass."

I rolled my eyes and slipped my phone back in my pocket, ignoring the vibration coming from my pocket. I swear this girl is crazy.

The cab stopped in front of the juvenile detention center.  I paid him and got out of the cab, rushing into the building. I walked to the window where a lady sat, looking at a "Vogue" magazine.

"May I help you?" She asked, looking up from her magazine.

"I'm here to see Tyler Stevens," I said writing down my name and the date.

She nods and hands me a visitor pass before handing the guards my name and telling him to take me back to visitation. She looks at me and says "belongings in here please and step foot through the metal detector." I nodded and did as she said.