Chapter Eight

Authors Message: I am so sorry for not updating in so, so long. But that is about to change. Even though I am about to start my job and already started college I am still going to have time for you guys. Trust me. Whatever it takes. I am going to start updating more frequently. So stay tuned for more stories. I hope you guys love the update! Talk to you soon, XoXo

Drake's POV

Last night was amazing. The scene in the car flashes back to my mind all over again...

His lips crash with mine, making me jump in shock. I was pushed back against the passenger door, my head pushing back against the door. Reese grabs the back of my neck, pulling me even closer to him. His lips taste of cheery chap-stick that makes me want him even more.

I have no idea why I am kissing back. I wanted to turn him down so badly; there is just something about him that makes me go insane. A feeling that I have never felt before in my entire life. After we both pull away from each other, all there was is silence. Complete deep silence. Our foreheads rested on each other as we breathe heavily, trying to catch our breaths.

"Wh-Why'd you do that for?" I asked nervously, my breath hitching in my throat. He just looks at me and smiles. "You are one blind assistant, Drake."

I rolled my eyes and said, "And how do you think I am blind, Mr. Grayson? All for I know, you are the one that is blind. Blind of himself."

All Reese does is smirk. Just a stupid, annoying, foolish smirk that has me going over the edge. I just sighed and got out of the car, walking up my steps.

"Drake!" Reese shouted looking over at me. I turned back and raised my eyebrow, wondering what he is wanting now. He ran up to me and grabbed my hand before saying, "You drive me insane but I won't stop chasing you." He said before letting go and returning to his car and driving off.

And that was it. That is all he said before leaving me standing dumbfounded on the steps of my apartment complex.

I huffed and walked into my office, putting the flash drive into my laptop. Before I knew it, Leah was walking into my office and shutting the door.

She looks at me and smiles brightly.

"So how was being Reese's husband for the night? Did you guys have a night in Vegas for a honeymoon? A night under the stars? Or did you see the stars?" She says while laughing, my face going red.

"For matter of fact Leah, we did none of those things. But it was good. I got all his files downloaded onto the flash-drive. But there is something I need to tell you about his office. His office has a large bookcase covering the wall but on the third book case it looks like it can open. I told Reese I needed the blue prints of his home to look to see if my theory is true."

She nodded and said, "Well if you told Reese to get the blueprints I am sure that he is already on top of that this morning. Have you been able to look over the files yet?" I shook my head no and said, "Not yet, although we can do that together if you want. I have them pulled up."

She walks around my desk, standing over my shoulder to look at the files that were downloaded onto the flash-drive. There is a couple of documents named "bank records, death records, shipments, and loans" I decided to open the bank records and found out that he withdrew 2.5 million dollars just two days' prior of Tyler going into jail.

"There has to be something up with that, No one withdraws that much just in two days' prior of his son killing the butler." Leah says and tells me to open the file, death records. A whole bunch of death records popped up showing people who died in the past twenty years. One being the butler so we decided to open that one up as well. It shows his birth certificate and the death certificate. Along with his children's birth certificates but the names are cropped out along with the mothers.

"Why is their names cropped out?" I looked up at Leah and she shrugged before saying, "I'll see what I can do to get ahold of those records. There must be a reason for that one. The originals have to be around somewhere."

Her cell phone begins to ring and she looks down at it before sighing. "My meeting is coming up so keep looking at these. I'll check in on you later." She says before walking out, leaving my door open. Is the lady raised in a barn? Geeze woman.

I sighed before looking back down at my computer, looking at the death records some more. I scrolled through the list of names and something caught my eye. My eyes grew big and my breath hitched in my throat. My pit of my stomach began to turn as I started to get nauseated.

Mo- I began to say before Reese walked into my office.

"Are you ok?" He asked me. I looked up and held back the tears. I nodded and closed my laptop instantly.

"Yeah, I am great. I need to go check on something. So, I'll talk to you later," I said before walking out.

I am far from being great.

Why the hell does Mr. Stevens have the death records of my mother?