6: Red Death, pt 2

Toothless' Point of View.

I wrapped my wings around my rider as I plummeted towards the ground, I felt a sharp pain run through my body when my body collided with the ground and I growled in pain but kept my wings secured around my riders body. We rolled a little before I settled laying on my right side, my riders small body in between my legs and my stomach, I could feel his slight breath on my stomach and I sighed in relief.

I slowly opened my eyes when I heard a distressed screech nearby, I immediately knew it was Stormcloud and I weakly roared out to her, making my rider and I's presence known. It wasn't long before I could see her hurriedly flying towards where I landed and I tried showing her my gummy smile but I knew she wasn't going to think I was perfectly fine. "Toothless!"  She screeched, I tightened my legs around my riders body (Yes, Toothless sees Hiccup as his rider and Stormcloud will see him as hatchling.) "Where is the hatchling!?" She yelled, she sniffed around me and relaxed when she caught his sent when she sniffed near the opening of my wings. I opened my wings, resting my right wing against the ground and motioned for Stormcloud to quickly grab my rider from near my body, she looked at my riders body wearily before lifting off the ground slightly and hovering above my stomach and carefully taking my riders body from my claws and gently laying him back down on the ground near my head. 

I shakily stood up and shook my head before walking forward and sniffing around my riders body, noticing his chest was moving up and down lightly, his left leg was what worried me. Below the knee (I think) it was completely burnt, around the burnt area was an angry red and I crooned sadly. I nudged my riders chest lightly and he hardly reacted and Stormcloud squawked worriedly. I looked down at his left leg and sighed sadly again, "Sh-Should I bite it off? I don't want it to get infected and him getting sick." I sighed sadly, Stormcloud nodded, I lowered my head down and inspected his leg, it'll hurt a lot when he wakes up but since he had collected a lot of healing herbs back at our home I knew he would be able to fix it up when he awakes. 

(Imma skip him biting off his limb....)

(On the fly home.)

I was secured in Stormcloud's claws, my rider on top of my back, I had been skeptical about the idea of my rider on my back on the way home but Stormcloud eventually made me agree. We were nearly back to our island and it wouldn't take to long, I could tell Stormcloud was getting tired but she was pushing herself to make it home before it was too late and dark. I could see out island over the slowly darkening horizon so I was getting a little excited. 

When we made it back to the island and into the cave we lived in it was already quite dark and I thanked Stormcloud as many times I could before she got too annoyed for bringing us home safely. I stood up onto my hind legs and picked my rider up in my claws, his torso in my right paw and his legs in my left paw. I carefully walked towards my riders sleep area and laid him down on his back, I sat back on my hind legs and watched his movements intently, which he wasn't doing much, other than laying there, his chest moving up and down slowly. 

Stormcloud came and stood next to me, craning her head to the side watching my rider as well. "Why isn't the hatchling awake?" She asked, I sighed sadly. "I don't know, I just hope he'll wake up soon." I stated sadly. 

Neither of us knew that it would be about a month before we saw my riders eyes open.

(A;N I'm really sorry for the short chapter, but hey! two chapters in a day. ;) 

This is kinda just a filler, so will the next but it's getting good, right? xD

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. <3 Can't wait to write the next chapter.)