15: The End is Near (Part two)

3rd Person Point of View

Astrid let out a lout ear piercing scream as the dagger collided with the flesh of Hiccup's chest that was above his heart, Hiccup let out a gasp of pain before coughing weakly, his knees shook as his face paled quickly, Astrid watched in horror as Hiccup's body dropped to the ground. Her head snapped up as sinister laughter filled her ears, her eyes hardened in anger as her eyes settled on Daggers shaking shoulders and his head that was bowed forward. Astrid's eyes snapped down to a blade that was resting on Hiccup's right hand, she hurriedly leaned down and grabbed the bade out of his hand and stood before charging towards the crazed man in front of her, once she was close enough she brought her hand that was holding the blade down on the nape of Dagger's neck, Dagger's head snapped up in pain as the blade went through his skin like it was water.

Astrid watched as Dagger's eyes slowly drained of life as he collapsed on the ground, blood seeping out of the wound on the back of his neck and pooling around his head. Astrid spun around and ran toward Hiccup's limp body, "Hiccup!" Astrid cried, suddenly there was two loud ear-splitting roars as two dragons landed behind where Hiccup's body was. "Oh god. Oh no." Astrid whispered like they were the only words she knew, she turned Hiccup's body so he was laying on his back and her eyes widened in fear. 

Hiccups green eyes were lifeless and staring up at the black starless night which the green orbs reflected, his mouth was slightly agape and dark red dribbled down the side of his mouth which was a stark difference to his paper white skin, Astrid let out a weak cry as she pulled the dagger from Hiccup's chest, blood poured out of the wound as she placed her hands over it. "Hiccup Haddock!" Astrid cried uselessly, tears blurred her vision as she sniffled before pressing a little harder on the wound. "Don't die," Astrid whispered.

There was a gentle sad warble that came from beside Hiccup's left and Astrid looked up, she was met with the Nightfury's large green eyes and Astrid swallowed around the lump that grew in her throat.  "I'm sorry, h-he was saving me," Astrid whispered. The Nightfury, Toothless, looked at her sadly before warbling softly again, the Deadly Nadder behind the Nightfury squawked angrily before crooning sadly and trotting over and rubbing its head against Toothless' side. "I-I never got to tell him how sorry I was, these last 5 years were all my fault," Astrid whispered uselessly as she sat back on her shins, she looked down at her hands and her breath caught in her throat, warm sticky blood coated her hands, Hiccup's blood, she realised and she felt bile rise in her throat. 

The Nightfury warbled sadly before carefully laying its head on Hiccup's chest and curling its body, the Nadder slowly following the actions. Astrid gasped as sharp pain enveloped her stomach and an unknown voice hissed into her ear, "You can't kill the leader and get away with it." Astrid rolled onto her side as she clutched her stomach, her blood seeping onto her hands and mixing with Hiccup's and she whimpered softly. 

Darkness slowly seeped into her vision, starting from the sides before slowly moving so it covered her whole vision, like a blanket. Astrid finally lets the tears go as her body grew weaker and more and more blood spilled onto her hands and onto the ground below her, there was a shout of confusion and pain but it sounded so far away to her.

She was dying.

That's what Astrid realised and it crashed into her slowly weakening mind like a brick wall, fear dripped down her spine but she couldn't call out for help, her vision somehow grew darker and Astrid welcomed it, all of her senses numbed until there was nothing, and suddenly Astrid couldn't even think, there was just blissful darkness. 

Unknown Girl's 3rd Person Point of View

The small girl watched with tears dripping down her face as her village, her home, was set ablaze, her parent's bloody forms popped into her mind and she whimpered, she remembered the kind man that had saved her from her untimely death and she hoped desperately that he would live, that he could somehow become her new family, that he could protect her. The young child tried desperately to block out the screams of terror that hung in the air of the island of Berk, the little girl hid behind the tree more as fear wrapped around her like one of her mother's blankets.

The girl realised slowly that this world was a cruel, cruel place. Her mother had told her stories of a man who was banished from the island because of what he believed in and now that the small girl thought about it, it sounded silly. 

The young man in the story had only wanted to live his life, to be free and the townspeople had disowned the first sign of difference, it was strange for the little girl to think but maybe the boy in the story was right about dragons, right about that stuff. 

The girl's eyes snapped to the direction where a loud desperate wail echoed and she shrunk further into the shadows the trees provided, fear made the hair on the back of her thin neck stand up and she whimpered as the hot tears continued to fall down her face.

The young girl briefly wondered if her village had been turned into a living hell.

And perhaps she was right as she saw the mead hall's roof collapse and the flames burn brightly and they seemed to reach for the sky, the girls eyes strayed from the sight and she traced each body that laid in heaps on the ground,  blood stained the ground a dark red and the girl felt more tears cascade down her slightly pale cheeks.

"Here's another one." The girl heard a cruel voice echo behind her and she shrieked when strong but beefy arms wrap around her thin waist. "NO, LET GO OF ME!!" The girl cried desperately as she struggled uselessly, "You're a pretty one, aren't you?" The man hummed before he roughly hit the back of her head, the girl's vision immediately started to blur and the girl's last thought echoed in her head. 

It's a cruel world out there.

A;N

And that's a wrap!! 

There you go!

I really didn't think this story would end like this, kinda strayed but I hope you cried enough tears. xD 

JK.

I hope you guys like the ending of this story and I hope you're not too angry about it. xD

I love all of you guys and I desperately thank all of the support this story has received and I thank each individual that has spent even a minute reading, voting and even considering commenting on this story. It mean's A LOT to me. <3

Thank you so much, I'll see you in my next story.