8: I won't hurt you.

Hiccup's Point of View. (One year later)

Toothless and I had been flying for about an hour scouting the island, It's been about a year since I defeated the Red Death and I had trained quite a few dragons since then, my island were full of tamed and wild dragons. I was quite proud of how my life has come together so far. I suddenly heard a loud screech, it was obviously a dragon. But I couldn't quite tell what breed, but I immediately knew it was a distress call. 

"C'mon Bud, let's find that dragon." I said, I leaned forward so that the top half of my body was leaning down against Toothless' neck and head, he warbled quickly before diving down, towards the forest, he levelled out just before we went straight through the top of the trees and flew straight forward, slicing through the air. I smiled lightly before going back to serious and urged Toothless to go faster. Soon we heard the distress call again, much louder than before, Toothless hurriedly nose dived through the trees and levelling out so he was flying a bit off the ground. Toothless swerved out of the way of trees and low hanging branches and soon we can to the entrance of a cave, Toothless landed and I jumped off, taking inferno out in case this dragon was wild and hostile.

I walked towards the entrance of the cave and I did a small flick with my wrist and Toothless roared a little, using his echo location to see if anything was there, "Hiccup, there's definitely a dragon there." Toothless said, moving to my side and resting on his back legs so he looked like a dog sitting down asking for a treat. 

I smiled at him before nodded and walking forward, I pressed the small button on Inferno and it lit up, it lighting up the area around us quite nicely, I froze for a split second when I heard a low growl. I could tell it was a female dragon so I immediately knew I needed to take extra care, in case she had any eggs with her since it was breeding season for the dragon species. I carefully took a couple steps forward, before I saw a shadow of a dragon on the ground beneath us, signalling that the dragon was nearby. Toothless followed close behind me, his teeth bared as he got ready to defend me. 

"Stay away." I heard someone growl, I frowned as I walked forward a little bit more, before coming up to a medium sized dragon, it was a blood red dragon, a long facial shape with two long antenna like strips of dragon flesh, having leaf shaped dragon scales going up along them. I frowned before my eyes widened slightly. Changewing. 

I tensed before relaxing and bending down slightly, placing inferno on the ground gently as to not startle her. "I said stay away!" The changewing screeched, I placed my hands over my ears and she went to get up and attack before she let out a small squeal of pain and slumping down against the dirty ground. I frowned again and carefully went forward, she growled before closing her eyes, continuing to growl. 

"Hey, Hey. It's alright. I won't hurt you." I said gently, Toothless in a defensive stance behind me. The Changewing's eyes snapped open upon hearing my voice speaking dragonease. she relaxed a little before eyeing me carefully, "I can help you." I whispered, carefully lifting my left hand and holding it out. The changewing stared at my hand for a few seconds before hesitantly moving her scaly head out and pressing her nose to the palm of my hand, she purred lightly showing me that she will not hurt me if I do not hurt her. 

I grinned gently rubbing her nose before standing up and walking closer, "Can I please look at you, to see what's wrong?" I asked gently, bending down so I was in a crouched position. "Yeah." The changewing said quietly, I nodded before gently running my hand along her back in-between her wings and going down her hind right leg, she tensed and winced in pain when I reached half way down her leg, I looked closely and saw a large gash that was bleeding profusely. 

I frowned before nodding to myself and standing up, going towards Toothless, "Be careful." Toothless purred quietly, I nodded and smiled at him, before unclipping one of the bags on his saddle and taking out some healing herbs and some bandages. I hummed lightly as I walked back over to the changewing, crouching down again so I could get a closer look at her hind leg. I took out a small handful of the healing herbs and gently placing them in the bandage and pressing it to her leg and wrapping the bandage tightly around her leg, she winced in pain but didn't move. 

I rubbed my hand across the bandage gently and made sure it wouldn't come undone before standing up and smiling at the changewing. "There you go. Just don't put to much pressure on it, alright." I smiled at her as she nodded before slowly standing up and gingerly putting her weight on her hind leg, she looked surprised at her hind leg when it didn't hurt and I grinned.

"Thank you so much." She looked up at me and walked over rubbing her head against my stomach, I smiled rubbing her head. "Would you like to come back with Toothless and I, come stay with us so I can take care of you."  I said, before stepping away and mounting Toothless' saddle. She nodded her head, "My name's Bloodflame, by the way." The changewing, Bloodflame said quietly, I smiled before motioning for her to follow me. She nodded and Toothless took off of the ground, flying out of the opening of the cave and flying up into the air, I made sure Bloodflame was following us before turning Toothless towards our home. 

( A;N I'm so sorry I haven't updated in a while, It's just I've been ill lately and I feel like shit. xD But I shall update this story. :P <3 

I appreciate all the votes, comments and people adding it to their library, it means the world to me to know people enjoy my stories. <3 :D 

Hope ya enjoy this chapter. <3 :D <3

Till next time. :) :P )