14: The End is Near (Part 1)

WARNING: THERE ARE LOTS OF MENTIONS OF BLOODSHED AND GORE IN THIS CHAPTER

3rd Person Point of View

Hiccup sighed softly as he leaned back against Toothless' stomach, the high body heat of Toothless shrouding Hiccup as he wrapped his arms around himself. "I think I might've gone a little too far this time." Hiccup muttered as he looked down at the dagger that rested on his left side in the dirt which glinted in the slowly rising moonlight. "You protected yourself and your pride, Hiccup." Toothless warbled, Hiccup huffed out a small laugh, "I have no pri-" Hiccup began but was promptly cut off as horrified screams emitted from the direction of the village.

Hiccup stood up hurriedly, almost making his prosthetic leg jam up as he flung himself into Toothless' saddle, he righted himself before urging Toothless to take to the slowly darkening sky. Toothless took off full speed towards the village, Hiccup could feel his heart drop more and more each metre they came closer to the village as dark grey smoke erupted from the once beautiful village that was once Berk. Hiccup leaned down and flicked a switch that changed so Toothless could fly on his own and he jumped up so he was lightly crouched resting atop of Toothless' saddle. 

Hiccup let out a small angry growl before launching himself off of Toothless' saddle, he snapped his hands to the sides of his body so his torso was stretched and the leather of his fake wings snapped open gracefully, Hiccup glided from the sky and as he got lower and lower he could easily recognise the men that were currently attacking the villagers of Berk. 

Dagger's men.

Hiccup growled in anger again as he landed on the ground, he hurriedly stuffed the fake leather wings into their compartments before standing and unsheathing inferno and lighting the blade with the monstrous nightmare gel. Hiccup coughed gently as more smoke rose into the air as more of the villager's homes were set ablaze as Dagger's men caused more and more havoc. A high pitched shriek reached Hiccup's ears and he spun around in time to see one of Dagger's men advancing on a small little girl. Hiccup wasted no time as he unsheathed a small blade from the inside of his cloak and he held the tip of the blade before arcing his hand above his head before flinging his hand forward, his nimble fingers letting go of the blade at the perfect arch for the blade to embed itself into the side of the mans neck at the speed of lightning, blood splattering out of the wound and onto the dirty and ashened ground as the man yelled in pain before collapsing onto the ground heavily. 

Hiccup burst into a sprint as he advanced on the small girl, once he was close enough he wrapped his arms around her small waist, lifting her into his arms he continued to run, he easily dodged the fighting around him as he sprinted for the forest tree line, once he was in the cover of a small line of trees Hiccup placed the small girl back onto her feet, he crouched down as he rubbed gently at the girls biceps. "Stay here, okay?" Hiccup asked gently, the girl looked up at him fearfully, "W-Will the village be okay?" The girl asked, her voice was full of fear and her eyes shone with unshed tears. "Hopefully." Hiccup mumbled before standing and sprinting out of the shadowed area of trees and running for the closest man fighting a Berkian. 

Once Hiccup was close enough to the mans back he took out another blade and threw it aimed at the man's nape, the blade soared through the air like it was air itself before embedding itself into the man's flesh, red liquid seeped out of the wound quickly and the man dropped down heavily. Hiccup spun to the left as he heard another horrified shriek, Hiccup ran as quickly as he could, ignoring all of the black smoke, high bright red flames and bodies littering the ground surrounding him, some allies and some foe. 

Hiccup came to a stop as he saw a middle-aged woman backing away from one of Dagger's more built men, Hiccup could quickly tell that one of his blades would not kill the man immediately so he ran forward, Hiccup raised his right fist and brought it down heavily on the mans skull, the man stumbled to the side as Hiccup stood defensively in front of the woman. "Run when I tell you to." Hiccup whispered, he saw the woman nod her head fearfully as Hiccup raised inferno higher in front of him. "Why you little-" The man paused as his eyes landed on Hiccup, "Oh! It's you, Dagger will be pleased when I spill your blood." The man cackled gleefully and Hiccup frowned angrily. 

"I don't think so. RUN!!" Hiccup yelled, the woman scurried away as Hiccup pressed a button on inferno and green gas like smoke emitted from it, Hiccup quickly spun in circles and the gas spread around him in a fog like manner, Hiccup smirked as the man yelled out in confusion. Hiccup pressed another button and the green gas erupted in flames, the man yelled in pain as his clothes caught ablaze. Hiccup quickly got out another blade that was attached to his thigh and flung it towards the man, the blade colliding with the man's throat as he roared in pain, the man stopped screaming and all that came out of the man's mouth was small gurgled noises as Hiccup spun around and ran from the scene. 

Another terror filled scream reached Hiccup's ears and Hiccup turned to the right this time, he was met with one of the more horrifying sights yet.

Hiccup decided to not think about the scene unfolding before he flung himself in front of the blonde woman's body, the sharp dagger glinted in the gentle moonlight as it soared through the air.

'No regrets, I guess. '  Hiccup thought sadly.

A;N

CLIFFHANGER AGAIN?!

I know, long time no see and I think the next chapter might be the end of this book?! SHOCKING I KNOW!

I hope you guys enjoy this chapter, cause I enjoyed writing it. :P 

Stay tuned for the next chapter (WHICH WILL BE SOON)

Love you guys. <3