10: First day back.

Hiccup's Point of View.

I was stood here, in front of the entire village of Berk and it was getting hard to keep up my confident facade. Anxiety ate at my stomach as everyone's eyes raked over me, "It's alright Hiccup." Toothless said, gently nuzzling my side, I nodded before Stoick the Vast walked through the group of people in front of me. "Where's Hiccup?" He asked, I burst out laughing, how could he be that.... stubborn? I removed my black hood and then my helmet and the whole village gasped in unison. I popped out my right hip, resting all my weight on it and placing my helmet in between my side and arm smirking. "I can't of changed that much?" I asked, Stoick's eyes widened, "Hiccup?" He asked, stepping out of the crowd a little bit. "In the flesh." I said, still smirking whilst on the inside I was panicking. I haven't been this close to other people in a long time and I was nervous that they would all continue judging me. "Wow. Y-You've changed." Stoick said, taking in my appearance. "Yeah, well five years away would do that to you." I sneered, my smirk faltering slightly before it reappeared. "Not what you expected, huh?" I said almost angrily. "Expected me to still be the weak unless viking? Hiccup the useless?" I sneered, everyone flinched even Stoick. "Well I'm not, I grew up I trained with dragons and I'm different than when I left." I said, Stoick nodded. "I-I know son, of course you would've changed." Stoick said quietly, I grew angry as he called me 'son' but I bit my tongue.

"Now, how long will I need to stay?" I asked, I moved my right hand and pet Toothless head lightly, everyone went silent and I looked up to see everyone staring at Toothless and I, staring at how my hand gently rubbed his head. I rolled my eyes as Toothless growled lightly, "Well, you will need to stay a week and then you will need to make your decision if you will stay longer or leave." Stoick spoke, I nodded my head as I turned around and went to mount Toothless but I was suddenly pulled back by my arm, out of instincts I swung my other arm ready to protect myself, my fist made contact with the side of Stoick's head, his eyes widened as he let go of my arm to grip his head. "Oh! I'm so sorry, i-it's out of instincts that I do that if I'm suddenly grabbed or-or pulled back." I staid quickly, Stoick waved his hand at me, as if dismissing what I had done.

 I stood there frozen as everyone broke out in whisperers and mutters, I sighed as I turned around again and mounted Toothless leaning down gently as I got ready for Toothless to take off. "Where will you be?" Stoick asked, I sighed under my breath, "The cove." I said, before Toothless took off, Stormcloud squawking before following suite and taking off of the ground, Toothless warbled slightly as he took off towards the forest flapping his wings  quickly as Stormcloud struggled to catch up. "That went well." I muttered, sighing as I laid down against Toothless' neck and head, still tucked into my riding position. 

Toothless dipped down and dived into the cove, landing softly and stopping standing there as I dismounted. I stood there, looking around. The cove had become different, as it had become much more overgrown, the lake had mossy stones running around the edge, and a couple medium size fish swimming around which was good for the dragons and more vines going across the walls of the cove. "Remember this place, bud?" I whispered, Stormcloud came over and laid down, resting her head against the dirty ground. "Yeah, too many memories, some good. Some bad." Toothless said solemnly, turning towards me and gently nuzzling his head against my stomach and chest, I smiled as I gently ran my hand across his head. I was suddenly brought out of my thoughts when I heard a twig snap, it sounded about 20 feet away, I could sense about 5 presences behind me and I growled lightly before spinning around and taking out my dagger, and getting into a defensive stance, ready for anything to come out of the tree line.

"Wow! he really has changed." Came a slightly familiar male voice, suddenly 5 people walked out I growled again as I remembered who these 5 people were. They were the 5 people I didn't want to see, ever. 

Snotlout, Fishlegs, the twins and.... Astrid. 

Astrid's Point of View. 

The gang and I walked out of the trees, looking at Hiccup, he was in a defensive stance and had a dagger out holding it in front of him. Suddenly he made a growling sound and I frowned, vikings weren't supposed to make that sound... 

"Well yeah, five years away changes you. I grew up." Hiccup said, his voice was cold and emotionless, "I bet you're still as useless." Snotlout said loudly, I could tell Hiccup grew angry and I was about to laugh when Hiccup suddenly burst into a full out sprint, his feet hardly making any sound at all as he approached us, he was about 4 feet away when he jumped and I was about to scream when he landed on Snotlout, Snotlout let out a loud 'manly scream' as he landed roughly on the ground, Hiccup was holding a dagger to Snotlout's neck as he let out a low growl, the rest of the gang and I stood there, frozen.

"Do you think the Hiccup from five years ago would've been strong enough to pin you down? Would he of been able to lose his anger and attack you instead of taking it like the weakling he used to be!?!?" Hiccup growled, yelling the last part. The night fury roared loudly, seemingly telling Hiccup to stop as he huffed out a breath of air and stood up and glared at all of us before turning around, and walking towards the night fury, Snotlout groaned as he stood up and anger flared in his eyes before he ran towards Hiccup, screaming out his families motto as he raised his mace above his head ready to attack Hiccup before Hiccup spun around and interfered his mace as he swung his flame sword, effortlessly stopping Snotlout's mace. 

Snotlout growled before running at Hiccup again, Hiccup strafed to the left and pushed Snotlout forward towards his night fury, the night fury stood up on it's hind legs and used its front legs to push Snotlout back towards Hiccup, Hiccup swung his fist, punching Snotlout in the face.

Snotlout yelped in pain as he stumbled backwards, Hiccup kicked his right foot out from under him and Snotlout landed on the ground on his stomach, groaning in pain, Hiccup moved forward and rested his weight on Snotlout's back, "I've changed, Snotface." I heard Hiccup whisper in his ear, the gang and I moved forward getting ready to take Snotlout and run to the village before Hiccup attacked one of us. "I wouldn't try that on me any more." Hiccup said before standing up and lifting Snotlout by the back of his shirt and pushing him towards me, I caught Snotlout and looked at his new forming black eye. "Take him to Gothi, and don't come back, I'll come back to the village in the morning." Hiccup growled out, glaring at us. I hurriedly nodded as the gang and I hurried away I looked back to see Hiccup rubbing the night fury's head and... warbling to it...?

(A;N Hey there! Thank you so much for 800+ reads, I appreciate it so much and I love you all. <3 Also thank you for getting me to 20+ followers. <3 :D I know it's not much but I appreciate it a lot. THANK YOU!!

Hope you enjoy this chapter, sorry if it doesn't make much sense. xD I tried.... x'D 

Love you all!! )