7: What happened to the raids?

Astrid's Point of View. (One month after Hiccup defeated the Red Death)

It's been a month since Berk's been raided, after the first week Stoick and Gobber had been getting suspicious, Gobber thought that maybe the dragons would wait until we were unguarded until raiding again, Stoick thought it was a joke. 

But after the second week and nothing about dragons not even any dragons flying over Berk the whole village was suspicious why we weren't being raided, of course we were thankful that we could keep the village in good shape and have enough sheep and yaks but we were scared that the dragons would all of a sudden attack without any warning. 

But now that it's been a month no people give it any though, but the rest of the gang and I. I was suspicious after day 2 of no raids, I was all ways on high alert in case a group of rouge dragons came and attacked but now that it's been a month I've settled down but I always carry my axe.

I feel a strong desire to protect the island of Berk, when I see any danger I like to step in and protect the people. I joined the Berk guard, and I always had the most shifts of patrolling the island but I enjoyed it, I loved to walk around the perimeter of the island, making sure nothing was there to do a surprise attack. 

It would always clear my mind, sometimes I would start thinking about Hiccup and if he was still alive. Of course I always came to the conclusion that he was dead. He went off with a Night Fury for thor's sake! The dragon probably got hungry and ate Hiccup as a snack and went to find something bigger for dinner.

I would always hang out with the rest of the gang when I wasn't patrolling the island, Snotlout has kind of given up on trying to whoo me into falling in love, which I was thankful for. Fishlegs is still into looking into dragons and finding their secrets. Just from afar. The twins are still pranking people, sometimes getting a little too destructive and destroying something in the village but other than that some of the adults in the village laugh it off. 

I just wish the five years was over, so we could all see Hiccup and ask for forgiveness for how we treated him. But.... that wasn't happening, because he was probably dead. 

Toothless POV

It's been about a month since my rider and I defeated the Red Death, Stormcloud and I had been getting worried. He was supposed to wake up by now.... right?

"Do you think the hatchling.... is dead?" Stormcloud crooned, worry and sadness weaved through her tone and I tensed up. He couldn't be dead. It was only his leg, right? What happens if he is dead? What will happen to me? I can't fly without my rider, I need him. I watched my rider intently, I saw his chest rising slowly and I knew he was still alive. "No, he's still alive, Stormcloud. Just.... asleep." I crooned, she shook her scales and made a small squawking noise before nudging my side. "I'm going for a small fly, I'll be back before sunset." Stormcloud crooned before running and jumping out the entrance/exit of out cave home. 

I nodded my head even though she wasn't there, a sudden groan made me jump to my feet and look around distressed, I heard another groan and my eyes snapped to my riders body, he turned his head towards me before slowly opening his eyes, I hurriedly placed my two front paws onto the bed and licked my rider's face, he chuckled weakly and I grew more excited. 

"Hey Toothless." He said, he scratched my chin, at my small sweet spot and I collapsed onto his chest, he made a small 'Oof' noise but chuckled again and kept scratching my head and ears and I crooned happily. "Thank the god's you're awake." I sighed, nudging into his chest. 

"How long was I asleep?" my rider asked, I crooned again and nudged into his other hand lightly. "A month." I warbled softly, my riders eyes widened and he tensed for a second before relaxing. "At least I'm awake now? Eh?" He said softly, scratching near my eye gently, and gently kissed my nose making me purr lightly. 

I heard a sudden squawking noise and I knew Stormcloud was just getting back from her flight, I stayed where I was, laying against my riders chest him scratching gently all over my face and near my neck. "What are you doing, Toothless? You could squish the hatchling before he awakes!" Stormcloud squawked walking over to me, she was about to nudge me off the bed before she noticed my riders body shaking and his eyes open, his face adorned with a large grin. "HATCHLING!!" Stormcloud screamed, I crawled off my riders body, Stormcloud jumped up and down happily whilst my rider sat up, he reached his hand out and stroked Stormcloud's nose, she leaned into the touch happily, crooning happily. "I'm awake, girl. I'm awake." my rider spoke softly, he leaned forward and gently kissed Stormcloud's nose, that was what he did to either of us when he missed us.

He moved the blanket out of the way and I cringed lightly, moving away for him to go to stand up, before he did he noticed what I did to his left leg. "W-What happened to my leg?" He asked, his voice shaking lightly, I crooned lightly walking over to him. "Your leg was burnt severely and I needed to chew it off, otherwise it would've gotten infected and you could've gotten sick." I warbled, he nodded looking at the damage carefully. "I'll need to create a fake leg to be able to control my walking and your tail-" He looked up at me and smiled softly, before his eyes fall to my tail. "-And I'll need to make a new tail for you." He stated, I nodded my head before using my head to push him down gently. "Get more rest, Rider. You can start those inventions later." I crooned, my rider nodded before laying down and turning onto his right side, I walked over to my stone slab and quickly heated it up before curling up, my rider smiled before closing his eyes, Stormcloud came over and squawked lightly before laying down and curling up as well, we all fall asleep soon after.

(A;N 

Hey!! This is a new chapter and I hope you liked it, and a small shoutout to Vala411, they've been my biggest supporter in this story and I am so thankful. <3 Luv ya!!! <3

I'll see ya next time. <3 :D)