~10

I softly knock on the front door. With one hand I strike my dress in the right position and with the other hand I hold a bouquet of pink roses. I remember that the Calum's mother likes them.

I hear gently tapping from heels on -what I remember- a marble floor. The door unlocked and a woman with a lovely warm face opens the door. A yellow dress is the first thing that catches my eye. When my eyes met her I see the familiar dark brown eyes.

"Come in!" she says. I set a step in the hallway and my other foot follows. She spreads her arms and hugged me tightly. She is wearing the same perfume as she wore five years ago. Memories from Calum and me races in my head but before I knew, it's gone.

"I'm happy to see you again. It was ages ago." She says while she turns around and lead me to the living room. I always have known that the family Hood had a lot of money. But when I look at this house, it hit me again.
I follow her to the living room and everything is exactly the same. The big white sofa in the corner, the -also big- flatscreen on the wall, the large black table in the dining room. Everything. Even the little clock on the side table.

"So hun, what are you up to." She says and her red lips are moving. I remember what calum said 'if you ask her maybe she can make hot chocolate for you.' I softly laugh.

"Do you still have hot chocolate?" I ask while a soft giggle sneaked out my mouth.

"Still a big fan of hot chocolate?" She chuckles.

"It never changed."

+++++

"Here you go." She places the mug with hot chocolate in front of me on the black wooden table.

"Thank you." I say. She places her mug and takes a seat in the front of me. She strokes her dress right before she starts to talk.

"So tell me, how are you?" She begins.

"Everything is great." I smile.

"Are you still in college?"

"Yeah it's my last year. Almost done. Then I can start working" I told her.

"That is so good of you! I wish Calum was like you." She takes a sip from her tea.

"Why?" I also take a sip from my hot chocolate.

"Well maybe his career ends next year a-"

"I don't think that will happen." I interrupt her.

"No but, it can happen." she says.

"Well look at them! Don't think those 14 years old girls will forget them that easily." I laughed.

"You're right. And I'm proud of him." She says with a big smile on her face.

"So am I." I also smile

"Tell me more about yourself." She asks interested.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" She continues.

"No, no boyfriends while I'm doing college." I blush

"Seriously?"

"It's not really a rule for me but it just never happened actually" I said.

"You're doing the right thing. Keep on focusing on your college." She smiles.

"How are things between you and Calum?" She asks before she drinks her tea.

"Well I thinks we're just friends again?" I really don't know what we are, I don't want to be friends that easy again but I enjoy talking with him again.
I wanr to say something about the fight. But maybe Calum didn't tell his mom about it.

"You know, I was in Calum's room lately, and I saw some pictures. From you and him. He still kept them." She smiles.

Why does he still have them?

"Oh really?" I frown.

"Yeah you can have a look. I think you still remember where his room is."

I stand up, finish the last bit of my hot chocolate and walk to the stairs. Am I going to Calum's room? I am going to his room. Wow. I grab with my hand the banister and go upstairs. The stairs are cracking by every step I take.

Straight on, left. Straight on, left. Straight on. Left, I mumble.

When I stand in the front of his door, my first instinct is to knock on his door. But I remember, he's not here. I put the hack down and the door opens.

I'm standing in his room. I'm standing in his fücking room. Except for the other things in this house, his room changed. His bed is no longer for one person. But two. His desk moved to the window and there is a huge TV mounted on the wall with underneath a Playstation. An open Fifa cover lays on the floor. I turn myself around and take a look on his desk. Maybe the pictures are here?

I remove some papers, his Macbook pro, more papers and his pencils. But no pictures. I carefully put everything back. Then I go to his large bookcase. Calum always liked to read. But he didn't tell anyone. Except me. I let my fingers slide across the covers.

Star Wars

His favorite book. I slowly grab it. It automatically opens on the page where his bookmark was hiding. I pick up the bookmark and turn it around.

4 pictures.

4 pictures of Calum and I in the Photo booth.

And then a marked quote.

"Fear is the path to the dark side, fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate. hate leads to suffering"

I close the book, not even questioning myself why he has marked it. And put it back. Then my eye catches the pictures on his nightstand. Those are the pictures Calum's mom talked about. There are 4 pictures, one of him in the front of The London Arena , one with the boys live on stage and the last two are of Calum and me. These were taken right before the fight.

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

Vote &Comment