Chapter 3

Sang POV

After dinner we build a fire in the pit outside. Luke brings out s'more makings.

"Cupcake do you want me to make you a peanut butter s'more or a regular one?"

"What is a peanut butter s'more?" I don't think I have ever heard of such a thing.

"It is like a regular s'more but made with a peanut butter cup instead of a plain chocolate bar."

I pretend to think it over. "I will have one of each please."

North groans about our sugar intake as everyone else gets to work cooking marshmallows to make the s'mores.

"Are you having fun 10?"

"Yes Kota, it is amazing here. I love the house. I can imagine us living in a house just like this but bigger when we can all live together."

I look at all the boys and they are wearing the biggest smiles ever.

"You think about moving in with us Pookie?"

"Yes Dr. Sean, I actually dreamed about it last night."

"What was your dream about Sang Baby?"

"I dreamed we were looking to buy our perfect house."

I look at all their faces and see joy and happiness, not one drop of doubt or fear. I look at Victor and he nods his head at me telling me that now is the time to talk about my shower issue.

"Guys there is something I want to talk to you about."

"Go ahead Miss Sorenson."

I take a deep breath. "Well ever since the incident in the shower with my step mom and Mr. McCoy, I have not been able to shower."

"But Peanut, you shower all the time?" Nathan asks me confused.

"No Honey I don't. I either take a bath or wash up in the sink if I don't have time."

"What happens if you try to shower 10?" Kota leans closer in his seat so he can see me better.

"I get really scared, I hyperventilate, and even sometimes pass out. Something about the water hitting my face takes me back to being tied up in the shower."

It is quiet for several minutes as everyone processes what I said.

"Thank you for telling us about this Miss Sorenson. We will figure out ways to help you, but I would like to know why you waited so long to tell us?"

"We were so busy with everything and I didn't want to be an even bigger burden to you guys."

"You are never a burden Pookie. We want you to tell us everything, we are a family and families help each other through everything."

"Thank you"

Everyone settled back in their chairs to watch the fire and think. After about ten minutes Mr. B speaks up again.

"I know that our family is changing, growing into something new. I would like to be less formal with everyone when we are alone with just our family. I would like you to call me Owen instead of Mr. B. Is that agreeable to everyone?"

"Yes Owen." Sean says to him. We laugh because Sean always calls him by his first name.

We all agree. Everyone cleans up around the fire and puts the food away. We go inside to get ready for bed. I start to give my goodnight hugs to everyone but don't see Owen anywhere. I go up to my room and he is waiting by my door.

"I wanted to say goodnight in private." He pulls me in for a hug and it feels amazing. He pulls back so he can see my face. "Goodnight Sang."

My breath catches as he says my name. We start to lean into each other for our first kiss when Nathan and Victor come pounding up the stairs. We pull apart quickly and I see frustration on his face.

"Goodnight Owen" I tell him as he shuts his door.