Chapter 5

Sang POV

I wake up to a face full of hair. I try to get it out of my face unsuccessfully when Gabriel starts grumbling. "Trouble stop moving, I'm trying to sleep."

"I am under attack by Luke's hair."

Gabriel sits up and looks over my shoulder at Luke in front of me. He laughs because Luke's hair really is attacking me. It is wrapping around my head. Gabriel pushed against Luke's shoulder. "Luke, wake up, you are suffocating Sang."

Luke moves and his hair goes with him. "Sorry cupcake," he said on a yawn.

"It's ok. It was just making it hard to breath."

We get out of bed and I go into the bathroom to get ready as the guys leave to go to their own room to get dressed.

At breakfast, we tried to decide what we would do today when Owen's phone rang. He excused himself to take the call. I worried that it was the academy and we would have to cut our vacation short.

Owen came back in a few minutes later. "We have something unexpected to discuss.

The academy has contacted me about a mission today. We don't have to do it since we are on vacation, but it is worth two favors each and also 2 for the team. It is an easy mission in this area but would require all nine of us. It should only take 2 hours. What do you think?"

"Why so many favors if it is so easy?" Kota asks him.

"It is time sensitive and we are the closest team. So rather than sending someone that might not make it in time they have asked us, and offered extra since we are on vacation."

"10 what do you think?" Kota asks me.

"I think it would be ok, it's only for a few hours. Plus, you can use all the favors that you can get."

"Ok gentlemen, let's go so we can get back."

** ** ** **

Shortly after they left I decided to make something for dinner. I was getting out the ingredients for taco soup when I realized we were missing a few things. I decided to walk down to the store to get what I needed and visit with Mrs. Lucky.

I slip my jacket on and head on down to the store. On my way there is realized that I forgot my phone and didn't leave a note for the boys just in case they get back before I do. I turned around and go back to the cabin and grab my phone. I write a short note and leave it on the entryway table.

I get down to the store and Mrs. Lucky is sitting behind the counter. "Good afternoon Sang, how are you today?"

"I am great Mrs. Lucky. I just need a few things for dinner."

"Take your time sweetie. Where are your boys today?"

I hesitate to answer because they are doing an Academy job. I am not supposed to know about the Academy. "They had something they needed to do."

I walk down isles and get what I need for dinner. Mrs. Lucky talks to me the whole time. Asking me questions about where I am from and what my family is like. I answer her, being very vague with my answers. She asks how long I have been with the boys.

"I met them at the beginning of the school year. We fell in love and just admitted it on Christmas. So our relationship is new, but strong. I can't imagine life without them."

"That is wonderful dear. I am so happy for you. I have known those boys a long time. I was worried about them getting into relationships and ruining their friendships. They really are like brothers and I am so glad that they found you. Just remember, whatever happens, you stick by those boys and remember that they love you."

She sounded really ominous. What does she mean 'whatever happens'?

"Thank you I will remember that. Now how much do I owe you?"

"Nothing dear. The boys have a running account this week and we will settle up before you leave."

"Ok, thank you. It was great talking to you again."

I gather up my groceries to leave when the door busts open and Luke and Nathan run in. They see me and immediately relax. Luke gets on his phone and calls someone, I assume one of the boys. Nathan comes over and hugs me tight. "We were so worried Peanut. You weren't in the house and you didn't answer your phone."

"I'm sorry Honey, I left a note and my phone never went off." I pull my phone out of my pocket and see that it must have died after I left the house. The door opens again and the rest of the boys pile in to the store. I am passed around for hugs.

"I am sorry boys but I left a note and my phone must have died on the way down here."

"It is ok 10 we were just worried about you. Why did you leave the house anyway?"

"I am going to make taco soup and we didn't have everything. I was going to be back earlier but we got to talking and lost track of time."

We say our goodbyes to Mrs. Lucky and walk home. Kota and Owen ask me what we talked about. I told them everything including the ominous feeling I got with her words. They told me not to worry about it.

We got home and I made dinner. Afterwards we decided to watch a movie before bed. Through the movie I got passed from lap to lap. I was pretty tired after the movie and just managed to give everyone hugs before being carried to my room by Silas. He told me that he would be back in a few minutes. I got ready for bed and was just about to climb in when there was a knock on the door. Expecting it to be North and Silas I just said to come in.

Owen came in quickly and moved to my bed. He sat down next to me and looked into my eyes.

"I just wanted to tell you that I found the note you wrote. It must have blown off the table when the door shut."

I smile at him and raise my eyebrow, "Is that really all you came in here to say?"

"No it is not"

He leans forward to kiss me and I shut my eyes ready. Just as I feel his breath on my lips the door opens and Silas and North come into the room.

"Oh for goodness sake." I exclaim as I throw myself back on the bed. I cover my eyes with my arm and take a deep breath. I feel Owen get up and leave the room.

"Man, did you see that death glare we just got from Owen?" Silas ask North.

"Yeah I wonder what that was about."

I can help but laugh. Strike Three, but long from out.