Chapter Two

It would be an understatement to say she froze. Her body completely shut off when she saw him. He looked like one of those men on the cover of romance novels. Tall, well-built, handsome, and with an air of danger that would scare most away. His eyes and hair were dark, contrasting against his pale skin. His clothes spoke of wealth and power, and again, danger. He was like glowing fire, reaching out, calling you to its destructive flames.

Jeez, she had to stop reading romance novels.

She snapped herself back to reality and gave a nice smile.

"Sorry, I didn't know you were talking to someone, Aunt Candace."

"It's alright, dear." Her aunt assured.

"Actually, I'm just leaving." The stranger stated coolly, never taking his eyes off her. Finally, he looked over at her aunt. That was when she realized how tense her aunt was. Who was this man? "I hope you consider what I just told you. It would be in your best interest." He turned and walked out of the café.

Kaia's heartbeat began to return to normal. She turned to face her aunt.

"What was that all about, Aunt Candace?" She asked, confused. Her aunt gave a small laugh.

"Nothing to worry your pretty little head about, my sweet. He's not important." Her aunt made her way to the back of the café as Kaia found herself staring through the glass. Where was he?

Before she knew it, she was moving towards the door. As she exited the café, her eyes darted in all directions looking for the tall stranger. She felt a small disappointment when she didn't spot him. A dark car parked right in front of the café caught her attention. Its tinted windows provided no information as to whether her quarry was within.

"Such a beauty." A familiar voice drawled from behind her. She turned sharply to see the stranger leaning against the wall of the building next to the café. How had she not seen him?

He pushed off the wall and walked directly to her. That made her instantly conscious of herself as she tucked some curls behind her ear. She found that all her courage had flown when she was facing him and she looked down at the pavement quickly.

"Hello." She greeted, him awkwardly, wondering what had possessed her to come out looking for him.

He stood directly in front of her and his thumb, and forefinger held her chin and lifted her face to his.

"I'm glad you came out." He smiled.

"I don't even know why I did." She admitted, her face hot with embarrassment.

"I know why and so do you. There is a connection that I want to explore deeply."

"But we don't even know each other." She whispered, her eyes staring deep into his.

"Your name is Kaia Kinley. You are 22, you graduated college majoring in Administration but you chose to work with your aunt at her café." Her eyes widened at his knowledge of her.

"Why do you know that?" She asked, scared by what he knew.

"I would rather not discuss that here." He reached into his pocket and pulled out his business card. "Call me when the café closes." He let go of her chin and walked around her to his car. "I'll be waiting." He added before he slid into the sleek car and was driven away.

She watched the car until it disappeared then she looked down at his card. His name was Trystan Dwyer. She smiled and stuffed the card in her jeans pocket then she walked back into the café where her aunt was watching with folded arms.

***

"Interesting." Fallon, his driver/ friend, commented as he drove Trystan back to Dwyer Incorporated.

"What is?" Trystan asked, even though he knew exactly what Fallon was talking about.

"We both know what I'm talking about." Fallon laughed out. Trystan kept his irritation behind a cool mask but Fallon knew him too well. "You like her. That is even more interesting."

"Focus on driving, Fallon. My personal business is not your concern."

"It's not but I hope you know what you're doing. She doesn't seem like your usual type. She can get hurt easily."

"I don't really care about what happens after. I only want to explore my physical reaction to her."

"You mean, sleep with her." Fallon interpreted. His voice was lilted with laughter.

"Call it what you will but I'm not interested in letting her get away from me. She's going to be mine, whether she wants to or not, but I am very sure she has no problem with becoming mine."

"Just be careful, Trystan. We have a lot of things planned, and we can't have anything messing that up. Don't fuck up." Fallon warned ominously. Trystan understood his worry and yet he couldn't drum up any of the past anger he usually felt. He wanted everything to work just like the others did but this little distraction was something he didn't want to give up.