Chapter Ten

"Where are we going, Trystan?" Kaia asked for the tenth time since they got into Trystan's Bugatti Veyron. She remembered him telling her that the car was a limited edition, which obviously meant it was stupidly expensive and it was. Why would anyone spend 3.4 million dollars on a car?

"I told you, it's a surprise

"I told you, it's a surprise." Trystan said, his eyes never leaving the road.

Kaia grunted. She knew she was acting a little childish but how was she supposed to act when Trystan had practically dragged her to his car. It was early noon and she was ready to take a nap.
Jeez, being with Trystan was making her lazy.

"Don't worry. I'm not going to murder you."

"Yeah, I'm not so sure about that." She joked, chuckling. Trystan just shook his head at her and focused on driving.

"We'll be there in a few minutes." He told her. Kaia just shrugged and leaned back into the seat. It was quite nice.

"We're here." Trystan announced as the car came to a stop. Kaia sat up and took in her surroundings. She smiled as she realized that Trystan had brought them to the Lea Madonique memorial. She had read about it in one of the island's magazines and she had told Trystan about it in a conversation. She hadn't expected him to remember, let alone bring her here. She wrapped her arms around him and hugged him tightly.

Trystan wasn't a bad person. Everything he had done, except the kidnapping had shown her that. He was charming and considerate and he knew just how to make her happy.

She pulled back and stared into his eyes. Then she leaned in and kissed him.
****

Fallon had never had so much difficulty and frustration in finding someone before. When he found Trystan, that guy was going to be so dead. Not only for kidnapping the girl and frustrating the hell out of him but also for bringing him into contact with that woman.

What had she been thinking, going into that room? And why hadn't he remembered to lock that door? He was never this careless.

"Any luck on finding the lovebirds?" Keith sauntered into the room, a glass of alcohol in his hand. Fallon stared at him, wondering how he was so calm but then again, that was how Keith had always been.

"No, but I was thinking, they have to be close by. Trystan doesn't like being far away from his company. He'd want to be close enough to check up on everything."

"Are you suggesting a city close by?"

"No, that's too close. He knows how easily I could find him if he did that. He's going to be somewhere we don't know about. Probably a house in a secluded spot."

"But close to a small town where he could find whatever he needed. Where on earth would he find a place like that?" Keith asked.

Fallon just shrugged and went to the data on the computer.

"Oh, how's Mrs. Reed?" Keith asked, raising the glass to his lips. He watched Fallon freeze.

"How am I supposed to know?" Fallon asked, hiding behind the all too familiar mask of indifference.

"Well, I did expect you to keep an eye on her since she found your 'spy room'." Keith made quotation marks in the air with his free hand.

Anger filled Fallon's expression. His hands fisting.

"You spied on me?" He asked, boiling. Keith just stared at him, shocked.

"You spy on people all the time,you should be the last person getting angry about that. And besided, I just hacked into you security tapes."

"Why would you hack into my security tapes, Keith?!" Fallon asked, knowing Keith was right about the first statement.

"I saw the lovely Mrs. Reed leaving your apartment all flustered. And I knew, you probably wouldn't tell me a thing." Keith shrugged again. "I hate being the one in the dark."

Fallon reigned his anger in and turned back to the monitors.

He continued to search for any signs of Trystan but that guy was annoyingly off the grid.

"So, you two were looking all lovey dovey in the tapes. No shirt on and everything." Keith commented, trying to rile up Fallon again.

"She caught me at the wrong time." Fallon explained gruffly.

"Oh yeah, that's why you were staring at her like a piece of juicy meat."

"Shut up, Keith!"

"Hey, if you don't want her, can I have her? I've always wanted to date older women." Keith raised the glass to his lips again but it never made it as Fallon grabbed him and bunched his collar up.

"Stay away from her, Keith! Don't test me!" Fallon let him go and raked a hand through his own hair. Keith smiled.

"She really got under you skin."

"Keith, this isn't about me and Candace----"

"Candace?" Keith interrupted, his eyebrows raising an inch. Fallon grunted.

"Mrs. Reed. This isn't about me and/or her. It's about finding Trystan. We need to focus on that not anything else."

"Yes, sir." Keith said, smirking annoyingly.
****
And so it ends. This story is about Trystan and Kaia so there will be no more focus on Candace and Fallon ' s relationship. It's all going to be about the main characters.

They, Kaia and Trystan, don't have anything going on now but what I'm planning is maniacal. **Just kidding.** The story is just beginning, so be prepared. Cue in villian laughter.