Chapter Fifteen

Hey everyone. I know you're mad I haven't updated in a long while. I'm mad but I couldn't put a word down and life mocked me by giving me a sprained ankle. Anyway, here it is. Chapter 15. I wrote two drafts for this chapter but I think this one is better. Enjoy. This chapter is dedicated to all of you who have been with me since the beginning and are still as in love with this story as I am. You are the ones who influence me to keep on writing.

The first knock pulled Trystan out of his sleep. He groaned, rubbing his hand down his face as he tried to sit up. He felt a body against his and looked down to see Kaia. She was in deep sleep in his arms and she was snoring lightly. He smiled and tightened his hold on her. She was so beautiful and he hadn't felt so peaceful in a long time. He felt Kaia snuggle closer as she sighed. He could get used to waking up like this. It was a very surprising thought. He had never imagined ever wanting to be with someone for the rest of his life. He knew he was falling in love with her but he hadn't realized the depth until now.

He closed his eyes, taking a deep breath, as he listened to the sound of the howling wind outside. he felt calm. He hadn't slept so well in a long time. He usually never smiled when he got out of bed. he usually never smiled throughout the day. Smirking didn't exactly qualify as smiling. And he rarely even smirked at people. He couldn't help but think back to a time where smiling had been a normal part of life. Had there ever been a time? He only remembered being locked up with his brothers. They were all friends but their experiences had made them brothers. They had helped each other through the horrible nights and through the days at the hospital. Everything had changed for them all because of one man.

A knock on the door made him open his eyes. It was a very loud knock, an angry one. Kaia, however, was still deep in sleep. He smiled and entangled himself from her arms. She still slept. He shook his head and made his way to the door where the knocking had become persistent. At that point, he had an idea who the person was. He opened the door and as he guessed, standing behind it was Mrs. Candace Reed. Kaia's lovely aunt. She glared at him when she realized he was the one opening the door.

"What do you want?" He asked, giving her a cold stare. She wasn't affected.

"I'm here to speak to my niece." She stated then she crossed her arms. "Do you have a problem with that?"

"Yes." Trystan answered. He watched as her eyes narrowed; he gave her a sweet smile and slammed the door in her face. He laughed and turned around. Kaia was awake and she was glaring at him. In that moment, he saw the family resemblance. She slid off the bed in a hurry.

"How could you slam the door in her face?!" She screeched and rushed to pull open the door. Her aunt still stood at the door. This time she was the one sporting the cold stare.

"One day, Mr. Dwyer." She promised. "One day." Then she stormed off. Candace rushed after her, calling.

Trystan sighed and stood at the door waiting for Kaia. She walked back a few minutes later, fuming. Trystan smiled; she looked so beautiful. She stepped around him into her room then she turned to face him. He spun around and faced her.

"Kaia . . .," He began. She pushed him out of her room and slammed the door in his face. The irony had him laughing. He turned and made his way to his bedroom. On his way, he saw the lovely Mrs. Reed talking to Fallon in the hallway. He thought they were arguing until he saw Fallon grab Mrs. Reed's arms. He stared at them in shock as Fallon pulled her closer. They were looking at each other with so much lust, Trystan could feel the tension from his spot. He watched Fallon lean down and kiss her.

It was a shock. He would have never thought that Fallon was interested in Mrs. Reed. He couldn't exactly believe it.

"I was shocked too." He heard a whisper from behind him. He turned to see Keith, who was already dressed for the day in jeans in a T-shirt.

"You knew?" Trystan asked.

"Yeah, she went to his apartment. It was interesting."

"Were you there?" Trystan wondered. Keith shook his head.

"I broke into his tapes. I couldn't help it. When I saw her leave the apartment all flustered, I had to know." They both turned to watch Fallon pull her into his room.

"I bet he loved that." Trystan said with a smirk.

"Oh, he did." Keith added, with his own smirk. Trystan sighed.

"Look, man, I know you're angry but can we just forget all about before?" Keith turned to face him; his eyes had become cold. Then they became neutral.

"Fine but I still don't agree with telling her." Keith acquiesced. Trystan nodded. They faced Fallon's closed door. "Let's ruin it." Keith suggested. Trystan smirked and nodded. 

They made their way to the door and Keith knocked.

"Fallon, stop making out with Mrs. Reed and get dressed. We still have to talk." They heard a low gasp and Fallon's curses. They both laughed and moved away from the door, making their way down the hallway.

"What talk?" Trystan asked.

"Go get properly dressed and come to the study. We have a situation." Keith informed. Trystan stopped and read the message in Keith's eyes. Trystan sighed. Life always had a way of getting back at him. Keith walked away and Trystan made his way to his room. He had an idea of what they had to talk about. He just hoped he was wrong.
Merry Christmas 💗💗